whats this

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Anyone know what the extra cable/hose is in this pic,, I know one is the main battery cable, Whats the other.18.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I will take a guess, Power steering?

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Stumped me...It's just the battery cable on mine. Like the center mount hub. Whats the relief on the caliper for?

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
In that area on my car it only has the one Battery cable [Positive] wraped in a black cloth sheath. Also that wire tie is probably something added extra at the same time. I think it would be unlikly Ford would have put a wire tie there and even more unlikly that they wouldn't have cut it off.?? To Quote Fubar " Im just Sayin"

Last edited:

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Sandman if you are talking about the spacer between the caliper and upright, its to allow for larger diameter rotors.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
battery cables.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
"Battery cables"??? Plural?

Is that a guess?

The negative battery cable discussed many, many times in this Forum terminates near the front mounted battery location to the frame. Many recommend sanding both the negative cable end and the frame at the point of contact to insure a good electrical connection. Thus, there can only be one routed cable, the positive cable, to the rear of the car to the engine starter.

I defer to Rich or Dennis who undoubtedly know the answer, or if this is a stock routing.