What will FGT be worth in 20 years?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Here's an article that may mean the FGT will only be of value to car museums since maybe none of us will be driving them or any car on the road in 20 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I am certain that Sinovac will enjoy this video and I look forward to his opinion/perspective. :wink

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Today's kids go banannas over these cars, in the next decade those successfull adults will purchase the FGT regardless of the price. Worldwide, there will be more buyers than cars.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I wish I had something profound to say Rex. Every time I think about this it depresses me. I believe there comes a point when technological advances do more harm than good. We are becoming much too dependent on machines and the reliance is diminishing what makes us human. All the tech certainly isn't increasing our skill sets. Do we think race car drivers are better now? What about pilots? Anyone impressed with the writing ability of the average high school graduate?

As for cars, unfortunately enthusiasts like us are a very tiny fraction of car buyers. Most don't care about anything other than getting to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible. They don't care about the experience or controlling their own conveyance for that matter. There will come a time when insurance for those who like to drive their own cars becomes too costly for all but the most dedicated enthusiasts. Imagine the liability if you are involved in a crash after having disabled the autopilot because you were so selfish as to want to "enjoy the drive."

While remotely on the subject, enjoy the entire "for off road use only" charade before the government shuts down every tuner and manufacturer of aftermarket performance parts which don't comply with the myriad state and federal regulations governing safety and emissions.

Hopefully I'll be dead before all the life is sucked out of the human race.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK

You have to worry about the future for our kids though

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You have to worry about the future for our kids though

I do all the time Malcolm, I'm just not very optimistic with the ways things are heading. Perhaps our sons will be on the vanguard of the new revolution. :lol

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I'm sorry!
The pool of "car" people probably has not changed over the years.
But, a very passionate group.
The idea, in my mind, is that if it has an engine, four wheels and tires, then it's meant to be driven!
End of story.
My Best,
Mark

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I wish I had something profound to say Rex. Every time I think about this it depresses me. I believe there comes a point when technological advances do more harm than good. We are becoming much too dependent on machines and the reliance is diminishing what makes us human. All the tech certainly isn't increasing our skill sets. Do we think race car drivers are better now? What about pilots? Anyone impressed with the writing ability of the average high school graduate?

As for cars, unfortunately enthusiasts like us are a very tiny fraction of car buyers. Most don't care about anything other than getting to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible. They don't care about the experience or controlling their own conveyance for that matter. There will come a time when insurance for those who like to drive their own cars becomes too costly for all but the most dedicated enthusiasts. Imagine the liability if you are involved in a crash after having disabled the autopilot because you were so selfish as to want to "enjoy the drive."

While remotely on the subject, enjoy the entire "for off road use only" charade before the government shuts down every tuner and manufacturer of aftermarket performance parts which don't comply with the myriad state and federal regulations governing safety and emissions.

Amen brother!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The cars of the future will be all computer controlled, even more so than the Google car is today. To meet the increasing capacity needs, cars will be run on the roads like "trains" much closer to each other. Older cars will be prohibited from the roads during certain times as to not upset the orchestrated computer coordinated trains.

The FGT will truly become museum pieces or garage queens. Drive them while you can!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The cars of the future will be all computer controlled, even more so than the Google car is today. To meet the increasing capacity needs, cars will be run on the roads like "trains" much closer to each other. Older cars will be prohibited from the roads during certain times as to not upset the orchestrated computer coordinated trains.

The FGT will truly become museum pieces or garage queens. Drive them while you can!

How then will we ever replace all the lost federal and state 'jobs' involved with regulating the auto industry?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
How then will we ever replace all the lost federal and state 'jobs' involved with regulating the auto industry?

They will be busy regulating the new cars feature, computers, hardware and software. Big bother will monitoring your every move with in car video and sound recording, GPS, etc. All going into a NSA database.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

:agree:

Already California's CARB does not allow the shipment of aftermarket engines into the state - what's next, aftermarket parts?

So sad, but if that's in the cities, it might be alright. Please leave the mountains and the open country alone!

And how will they compensate for the loss of taxes and fines? Higher income tax? From the automated bots?

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I suspect Ralphie will be right. The computer controlled cars will be mandated only in the congested urban area and the major interstate highways. Some tax revenue will be made up by permits needed to drive non-computerized cars on the road. Isn't progress just great? Forward!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Anyone impressed with the writing ability of the average high school graduate?

You really want to level that accusation after the myriad atrocities committed against the English language by the aged on this website? :lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You really want to level that accusation after the myriad atrocities committed against the English language by the aged on this website? :lol

View attachment 34973

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Do we think race car drivers are better now? What about pilots? Anyone impressed with the writing ability of the average high school graduate?

I don't have any evidence to support this, and I'm not going to research but...
Yes. Based on complexity alone.
Yes. See above.
Yes. Compared to when?

The sky is falling!

But I am a snowflake, damn it!

This will be hilarious in 20 years. I'll watch it in my garage while waxing the GT, I'll make the robot wax the wife's car.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Seriously. I don't care if you're typing from a phone and none of your trifocals can focus. Take a few extra seconds and show some respect for those of us trying to break the code.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Grammatical errors induced by dementia get a free pass.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Is this an auto generated response by a GT Forum bot?? ;-))

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hard to tell for certain at times, but I don't think all of the indecipherable posts are from the geriatric faction.