What will be the color of your GTX1

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It may be of interest to those of us on the Forum who are having the GTX1 conversion to know what the final color of their car will be and where they live.
Mine will be factory blue with white stripes and I live in Atlanta.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Mine will be.....can you believe I have not picked a color yet? I am down to 3 extremes. Chrome red with tone on tone stripes, a roayl blue metallic with white stripes, the Valencia yellow/orange car featured eveyrwhere.

I still can not decide and my car is one of the first up to bat so I have to decide very soon.

The car takes on different personalities if I change the colors, as an exmaple, if it is the chrome red it will be entered in the auto shows. If it is the metallic blue I can picture tracking it alot, if it is orange it is a definitely a south beach cruiser...I live in South Florida...I don't know what to do !

I'll do all three with the car anyway but I really pciture the colors in the different environments.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I'll keep mine tungsten :thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Wow I forgot this section of the site was opened when I posted pics of my GTX1 in the general area.

The decision has been made , here you go:

GTX1frtchred31.jpg

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
cool ! -
as long as you wear a pink thong with that.. Reconsider the stripes, buddy ! Go dark ! Or become a hawaiian tropic model..

Joking apart, any way you like it is ok ! However, take the pinkish concern of the community into consideration ( pending your lifestyle, of course.. :lol ) I'd definitely go darker on the stripes... Makes the car wider, AND that's not a bad thing..
>If I would have the chance, I'd reorder mine without the center stripes, like centerpunch, but with+ side stripes, and i'd have the best looking thing next to a black one with center stripe delete....
on the calipers, I think they are too slim to be red.. gunpowder grey @!

Mr Midnite blue with white stripes aka slf360... :banana

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Pink Hue, light red...who knows .... :lol I asked mark to make sure it does not end up pink, I want a lighter red but it won't be pink.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I think hot pink on a GT would really stand out. You might get the wrong kinda looks, but you'd really get some attention. :wink

Add some lime green stripes and you're all set.

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Can you get sample pic's with no-stripe and some dark stripes? I agree that the car would look better w/o the center stripe in this color.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Center, Pantone 185 is a lighter shade of red than 187 and it's not pink but I understand what you are saying.

regardless, I had changed my mind shortly after and went with dark stripe.

GTX1frtchred2.jpg

Here is a true blue pinbk one guys

2_Pink_upload.jpg

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
alternate chrome with black

Just for those who may like to see it, this is the Chrome red with Black interior and dark stripes.

chredblack.jpg

~Grace

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Love that hot pink, man oh man.

Might have to get a second GT just to have a GTX1 in hot pink.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Super B ...seriously?....pink?

Black interior looks cool but for Miami , I'll take the tan. Judt a preference I guess.