What tools (if any) do you carry?

JChoice

GT Owner
May 11, 2019
The GT trunk is so tiny that I'm inclined to leave all the tools at home instead of carrying them around in the trunk. I also have to believe that the trunk heat can't be good for the air compressor in the long run.

Curious- do you guys keep the tools in the trunk or take them out?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Old GT: small metric ratchet set, set of screwdrivers with torx heads, torque wrench for lugs. New GT: license plate.

Reactions: Apollo

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
You should only bring 2 tools and they belong on the drivers and passenger seats.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
--both GT's - tire plug kit, detailer spray, microfiber towels, owners manuals, small fire extinguisher (transfer from car to car)
--new GT - thin leather gloves for unscrewing oil tank / dipstick/ HOT
--ajb (andy)

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
At a car show and the owner of a Ferrari Enzo showed us what he packs to travel in the Enzo. Takes his credit card and tosses it into the trunk. Then, it slid down between panels and into the car. Tim Cantwell's son, Garrett, much younger then, was the only one in the crowd with hands small enough to recover the card. Everyone had a good laugh. Even the Enzo owner.

I'm with AJB on the trunk inventory.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Cellphone and number of 24 hr qualified transport

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Recommend an adjustable wrench for the 2005/2006 GT for the battery ground. I got stuck once........never again.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A few micro-cell towels & a tire plug kit.

Ed

Reactions: ByeEnzo and JChoice

JChoice

GT Owner
May 11, 2019
Trunk heat I assume is OK for a fire extinguisher? I am wondering if it hurts the electric tire compressor in the long run. I think the extinguisher is a good idea.