What is actually done with the 125 / 150 hp upgrade to the GTX1

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hello everyone,

Quick question - Regarding the $8500 performance package offered by Genaddi, what is actually done / changed on the car. From my understanding, the following is performed. Please correct me if I am wrong:
- super charger pulley on the OUTSIDE is removed and changed with a smaller pulley thus spinning the charger with more RPM than stock. I am assuming this is done with the charger on the engine or did Genaddi have to remove and open up the charger to change components.
- Exhaust; cat back system. Has anyone found this to be TOO loud driving on the street or is the sound "spirited".
- Performance Tuning - I am assuming the computor module / chip / e-prom is changed thus producing more HP.

Thanks for your support and replies.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
To answer your questions,
1. It is a pulley change and tune. I'm not sure if they use to take the supercharger off or not.
2. Exhaust, it is aggressive but I've heard louder. Just a matter of taste. And there are many options out there.
Since Genaddi is no longer doing X1's I would assume other options would be needed. Contact the GT Guys they have 4 X1's at the shop now, I'm sure they could fire one up for you over the phone. And discuss options.

All the best...
Rick

Last edited: