What a sight..........

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I was visiting one of my dealers (a very large dealer in the LA area) and he invited me to go out to the the garage. Not sure what he was going to show me, I was thinking some really nice trade or other highly collectible automobile, we walked to the end of the garage. What did I see? 6 pristine FGT's all low mileage. I couldn't believe it. I have never seen 6 low mileage GT's in one place. It was truly a sight to see. They are apparently collecting these as they are certain the values will continue to rise. I didn't get a photo because I didn't want to be too intrusive but imagine 3 white and 3 red GTs clustered together. It really was a beatiful sight....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
They plan to convert them to GTR1s :lol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Hope it wasn't Galpin waiting to butcher them in to GTR-1's.

EDIT: Clinton beat me to it

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Galpin = million dollar butcher. Ughhhh

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I can't comment but it was a pretty sight either way :wink.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I sold them half of those cars. Waiting to be converted to GR1s

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
They are apparently collecting these as they are certain the values will continue to rise.

I doubt that will be the case for any that are converted to R-1s...if in fact that's what lies ahead for any or all of these 6 cars. 'Owner likely won't see a dime of the appreciation that other 'stock bodied' FGTs may garner...especially totally factory stock, unmolested ones.

Flame away...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well the good news is that if no one buys them, they won't get altered hopefully they will survive. I've seen the gt1 (or what ever it's called) on numerous occasions... I'm not a fan.

For sure a good sight to see a bunch of gt's together though...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It'll be a win/win though for Galpin, for if they sell a converted car, they will make a lot, and if they don't, then they get the appreciation of the unmolested models, which probably will no have significant mileage added to them. They'll wreck them, or hoard them.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

It's none of my business and I believe that any owner can do whatever he wants to his own car but I still cringe when I think of anybody taking a saw to the body of a Ford GT and cutting it up. If I owned a Picasso and wanted to cut it in half I could but it would cause a lot of art lovers have a stroke.

Chip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The general idea they had was ok, the execution was not so hot.

The smurf gang bang gone horribly wrong doesn't help the interior :lol

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-interior-2-650x487.jpg

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
To cleanse my palate after reading this sad turn of events (and seeing Dave's picture) I submit a gaggle of low mileage Ford GTs NOT about to be butchered (cars waiting shipping at SSV, circa June 2005). Just think of the investment potential...

image.jpg

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Colonic Cleanse more in order

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To cleanse my palate after reading this sad turn of events (and seeing Dave's picture) I submit a gaggle of low mileage Ford GTs NOT about to be butchered (cars waiting shipping at SSV, circa June 2005). Just think of the investment potential...

View attachment 33775

Now thats a site!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Hopefully they won't fall under the knife. I've said it before, keep saving those low mile cars for me.

image.jpg

Google "smurf gang bang", I dare you. :rofl

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Galpin can buy my yellow 21-test track miles wrapper car for a mil if they want it. I'll take a discounted future value today! They can cut it up and butcher away - long as they gimmee my mil 1st!!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The general idea they had was ok, the execution was not so hot.

The smurf gang bang gone horribly wrong doesn't help the interior :lol

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-interior-2-650x487.jpg
That is absolutely horrid.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I doubt that will be the case for any that are converted to R-1s...if in fact that's what lies ahead for any or all of these 6 cars. 'Owner likely won't see a dime of the appreciation that other 'stock bodied' FGTs may garner...especially totally factory stock, unmolested ones.

Flame away...

I sincerely doubt cars that have been modified with mods that can be reversed (Whipple, bumper delete, carbon interior) will suffer any less appreciation than bone stock ones especially if the original pieces are kept.