Welcome Back Neilda

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
...glad to have you back Neil. The forum missed your witty banter.

How was your European sojourn? How has the car held up?

Eric

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Hi Eric - it's nice to be back...

I wrote a really long reply to your post - but the site crashed! In short the GT was sublime, the holiday was great and my wife pandered to my every whim....

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Neilda:

Maybe the post deletion was an act of God.

Seriously, welcome back. Empty without you here.

- doc

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Neilda, glad you're back. You missed one hell of a party in Dearborn. It will take you along time to see all the pictures and read the posts.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It sounds like you all had one hell of a party - a once in a lifetime moment, it must have been great and must have been a nightmare to arrange!

My 2,500 miles in France were problem free - the only glitch is that I've lost the mileage display (it flickers on occasionally), however it's an easy fix I should think.

The GT caused huge excitement wherever it went and was a complete thug on the highway! I could hear it more than before, a really hard, V8 bark, third gear was not only amusing in tunnels it was massively humiliating for several 911's that were foolish enough to try to outdrag me.

Having driven across France in several 'serious' cars, I have to say that the GT was the most comfortable. Seriously - I know it's hard to believe, but I actually felt less stress and 'bunched' than I did in the Vanquish. It's such a fun car for the long trip.

Of course it's less than useless for carrying a passenger and luggage - but who cares?!

A great all rounder, I am so impressed with it - buttock-clenchingly attractive and goes like a belt fed mortar. If only my wife..... no, let's not go there!

Attachments

• EPSN1269 copy.jpg
    EPSN1269 copy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 101

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
neil;
seen topgear toniight, they wen't over to france.

aren't you allowed to drive in the tunnel?, they put the car on a train.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The Top Gear team taking the GT, Ferrari 430 and Zonda to France was a great episode.

The Eurotunnel, which connects the UK to France (and which Napoleon always wanted and Wellington would have destroyed!) is a fixed rail line. So you can't drive throught it - you have to put your car on a huge carriage (big enough for large coaches and trucks) and then it's a 30 minute ride under the English Channel. I use it a lot - it's a good service.