Watch Your Inbox

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
There were notifications for accepted, priority waitlist and deferred.

If you've got a notification for priority waitlist, I would be feeling very good about your odds to end up with a new Ford GT.

Woke up this AM in Victoria, BC to see the letter informing me I am on the priority waitlist. Will have to take care of all that when I return to MO next week.

So very happy for all of you that posted here or on Facebook that you were getting one. Excited for you all and cant wait for my first ride in one.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
What are terms if i may ask?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congrats to all who were selected.

Its exciting to see the end to end process and those who were rewarded with a new GT!

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
Congratulations to those that got selected. Good for you!

I'll try again in the next round in a couple years.

Good to know either way.

GT 1547

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Vernal, UT
Dammit! No go. Still love the GT and the forum. Congrats to everyone that got one.

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Sadly, the NFGT gods didn't smile on me... Didn't even make the "priority waitlist"...

Have to confess I'm sincerely disappointed and it will take some serious time to overcome.

But equally sincere congratulations to those who were selected and kudos to Ford for the process!

Last edited:

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Got the reject letter. While I didnt really expect to get one, I'm still heartbroken and upset I know some people got one who didnt even own a GT, were not forum members, and didnt even own a ford. Turns out that video section may have made the difference in selling yourself. I thought loyalty counted more than that. I see people with multiple GT's, multiple ford racing cars, worked at Ford, etc, and for those guys to get turned down SMH. No process is perfect but I cant wrap my head around that. It just appears the sell was more important than loyalty.

se la vie..

Amen to that, And I even drove a Ford Tempo all through college, if that isnt loyalty then I dont know what is... Oh well. Still have super cool stuff to drive.. No biggie.. Dr V

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The "Not this time" email arrived around midnight PDT. Oh well, maybe there will be a spyder in 2019 ? :)

I'm curious about the Ts & Cs too.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Congratulations guys!!! That's great!! I'm on the deferred list...so bummed.

Proud for all of you and hope Ford gives me another chance.

How many members got them and were everyone original owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
Congrats to all who were chosen. I was denied, but I have a 2017 GT350R on order for a consolation prize.

I owned two 2014 GT500's. (The first one I bought had everything except the glass roof so I traded it after 6 months for another new one that had the glass roof and all of the other options.) That car was pretty great. The new GT350 is amazing. I was able to get one of the 50 2015 GT350 Track Pack cars. I've put about 700 miles on it but I also never had the dealer prep done so it still has all of the factory markings, plastic and stickers on it. The sound of that flat plane crank 5.2 is incredible and it revs forever! If you are used to driving and shifting your GT500 based on the feel, you will catch yourself shifting 2000 RPM sooner than you have to. Everything above 6000 RPM is just...it's pretty surreal.

I had a 2014 Raptor that I drove across country to the desert outside of Las Vegas. That was quite an experience. I put 40,000 miles on that truck in a year. I still own 7 current Ford vehicles as well as a BMW i8. The top three vehicles that I enjoy the most at this time are, in this order:

- BMW i8 - I mainly bought this car because it's body is mainly carbon fiber and I love the doors. I figured it would be a baby preview of what I would enjoy with the Ford GT if I were lucky enough to get chosen. It looks like it's from the future. My fuel economy ranges from 99.9 MPG to 8 MPG (Depending on how I'm driving it! :biggrin) People surround it everywhere I go. I went to eat at a restaurant in New Orleans this past weekend and when I came out they had a group of people around it. The valet kept telling people to stop touching it. When he saw me he asked if I was ready to leave and I said, "Yeah, but this Corvette is in my way." He said, "I'll have it moved" and three guys came up to me to apologize for touching my car. They said they didn't think it was an actual person's car, they thought it was a concept car and the valet was just being a stick in the mud. I showed them all of the highlights of the car and they were amazed. Aside from the attention it brings, the car is so wide but it is incredibly nimble and comfortable. Although it has probably half the HP of the new GT, the Carbon Fiber body and electric motors really make it feel powerful.

If this is half the car the new GT will be, a very small, competitive, evil, greedy part of me hates every person chosen to get a new GT and Raj. (This is a very small part of me however and is not indicative of my true feelings of respect and appreciation for all 500 of you...and I guess Raj too...even though he had the power to make my lifetime car dreams and he chose not to...even if he didn't choose the new owners personally, I feel he had the power to. :p It's OK though Raj...)

- 2014 Ford F-150 Tuscany Tonka Truck - Mine is #80 of 500. (Apparently it's an officially licensed product from Hasbro with badges, the official Tonka paint code, and lots of small Tonka touches.) It's enormous. People stare at it everywhere...and smile. (Mostly men and little boys.) My nephews completely love it! The Raptor was amazing and I do miss it, but this truck does make me feel like a 5 year old again, which I didn't think would be something I would ever want, but if I'm having a high stress or bad day, this thing makes me smile immediately. It's not for everyone and every time I think about how ridiculous it looks, I get in it and it puts a smile on my face.

- 2015 GT350 Track Pack - If I were to rate this car solely based performance, it would be number 1. I feel like it is more smooth riding than my GT500's were. The backup camera, which is a VERY WELCOME addition compared to the GT500, is really tiny in the Track Pack car. I wish I could have gotten an R, but for 2015 that was less of an option than the new Ford GT. I did choose every option I could with my car, but I am positive you will enjoy your 2017 GT350R. If you don't, check your pulse, because you are probably dead... (That or you should get to a doctor ASAP because your senses have just been destroyed by the car...I'm not sure if they cover that under warranty however... :wink)

In any event, I have almost purchased an 05/06 GT several times. Every time I am about to do it, they seem to jump higher in price and I decide not to. I was in my 20's and just starting my business when they were first released. After years of hard work, I have put myself in a position to get one, but it looks like the demand was just too great.

I am confident that each and every person chosen is very deserving of the privilege to own this amazing car. I congratulate each and every one of you. Please be careful with the precious monsters. Too many of the 05/06's have been destroyed. Run these hard and run them good, but keep them and yourselves alive! I hope to see one someday in person.

Best Wishes to the NFGT Family!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Lets just put it this way; I'm not worthy.....

Congratulations to all who have been rewarded with the go ahead for this car. Hope to see them on the road someday!

McFord

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 3, 2015
Northeast Pennsylvania
Thank you, Ford Family! Congratulations to all. I can't believe it, the new Ford GT. I'm so excited, I'm jumping around and can't think straight... The Dom Perignon is chilling. I'm making a list of "rides" to so many of my Ford GT friends. I'll be at the Ford Rally 11 if they have room. I'm driving to the Notary, today.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Checked most of the night and received the letter from Ford at 3:30am this morning.

I've been and will remain proud to be the original owner of a 2006 Ford GT, how many people outside of our Forum can have that experience? Although I wasn't picked, it was nice that there was a process, and even a chance that I might have been picked, as in the open market, I never would have stood a chance to obtain one.

Sadly, the letter that I received, was the least desirable letter of the three possibilities.

I desperately wish I had made the wait list, but again, all one can do is try.

For those that were not chosen, I have a sense of how you feel, as I am going through a few different emotions myself. And I thought the sour grapes thread was the absolute most hilarious thread at the time, but now, today, perhaps not so much. I don't think it's sour grapes that I feel although I'm sure it might sound like that to some. I just hope that that those that do not own a Ford GT will not be blanket classified as having sour grapes, because I think it is helpful to share success as well as disappointment.

I do know that the members of this forum are cut of a cloth such that they truly would wish that I and others have the opportunity for ownership, and that they will cherish and share their pride. I know I would. And thus, I am happy to know the immense joy and life changing experiences that lay ahead, as I think we have all experienced such sweetness with our 2005 and 2006 Ford GTs. To have something that is simply beyond all expectations once in your life, is to be lucky. To have that twice, simply wow.

I have always felt fortunate and accomplished to own and enjoy my 2006 Ford GT and nothing will change that. It is an incredible piece of history and has been, thanks to Dave and my fellow forum members, a living, breathing, creature and a boundless wealth of friendship and camaraderie.

It's difficult to participate in something where you ultimately do not have control over, but if we didn't believe that we have a large role in our fates, we wouldn't be where we are today. Given the situation, I know this will not be the most eloquent post, but I hope that in the mix of emotions that I am going through, my highest regard for our members and our fine machines will come through.

Thank you all for the years that we have had, and for the years that we have ahead. I've always felt that much of the richness that comes from owning a Ford GT is from the owners. Now for me personally, that will be tested, and I'm certain, proven.

Enjoy your bounty, my friends!

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
I just received the letter...of rejection!!
Given there were 4000 05/06 cars made and only one officially supplied to my country I guess my chances were miniscule even as an 06 GT owner, but to say I am gutted is an understatement. In spite of trying to remain realistic over the last few months, I guess now i realise i was more than hopeful, even dreaming of driving it to Le Mans as I have done many times in the 06.
Really happy for those of you selected, you are in for one helluva ride, I am off to cry for a while :-(

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
I just received the letter...of rejection!!
Given there were 4000 05/06 cars made and only one officially supplied to my country I guess my chances were miniscule even as an 06 GT owner, but to say I am gutted is an understatement. In spite of trying to remain realistic over the last few months, I guess now i realise i was more than hopeful, even dreaming of driving it to Le Mans as I have done many times in the 06.
Really happy for those of you selected, you are in for one helluva ride, I am off to cry for a while :-(

This You?
4976555196_6d4098785e_b.jpg

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
Yup, thats me, taking part in the 2010 Ireland Cannonball Run

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
Checked most of the night and received the letter from Ford at 3:30am this morning.

I've been and will remain proud to be the original owner of a 2006 Ford GT, how many people outside of our Forum can have that experience? Although I wasn't picked, it was nice that there was a process, and even a chance that I might have been picked, as in the open market, I never would have stood a chance to obtain one.

Sadly, the letter that I received, was the least desirable letter of the three possibilities.

I desperately wish I had made the wait list, but again, all one can do is try.

For those that were not chosen, I have a sense of how you feel, as I am going through a few different emotions myself. And I thought the sour grapes thread was the absolute most hilarious thread at the time, but now, today, perhaps not so much. I don't think it's sour grapes that I feel although I'm sure it might sound like that to some. I just hope that that those that do not own a Ford GT will not be blanket classified as having sour grapes, because I think it is helpful to share success as well as disappointment.

I do know that the members of this forum are cut of a cloth such that they truly would wish that I and others have the opportunity for ownership, and that they will cherish and share their pride. I know I would. And thus, I am happy to know the immense joy and life changing experiences that lay ahead, as I think we have all experienced such sweetness with our 2005 and 2006 Ford GTs. To have something that is simply beyond all expectations once in your life, is to be lucky. To have that twice, simply wow.

I have always felt fortunate and accomplished to own and enjoy my 2006 Ford GT and nothing will change that. It is an incredible piece of history and has been, thanks to Dave and my fellow forum members, a living, breathing, creature and a boundless wealth of friendship and camaraderie.

It's difficult to participate in something where you ultimately do not have control over, but if we didn't believe that we have a large role in our fates, we wouldn't be where we are today. Given the situation, I know this will not be the most eloquent post, but I hope that in the mix of emotions that I am going through, my highest regard for our members and our fine machines will come through.

Thank you all for the years that we have had, and for the years that we have ahead. I've always felt that much of the richness that comes from owning a Ford GT is from the owners. Now for me personally, that will be tested, and I'm certain, proven.

Enjoy your bounty, my friends!

Very well said.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Didn't make the list - not even the wait list.....congrats to all who did.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I know the feeling. FYI in 2008 when the s--t hit the fan and GM and Chrysler took bailout money I offered about 150 employees a $1000 rebate out of my pocket if they purchased a new Ford product in the next 90 days. I owned at that time 3 Harley dealership and 3 non Harley MC dealerships. A number took me up on the offer. St Louis Business Journal picked it up and wrote a story. Then i received a personal note from Bill Ford thanking me for my commitment to Ford. Of course I included all of this with my application. See attachment. I'm disapointed of course and can't quite understand how any private citizen could show more loyalty.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,047

MD530F

May 16, 2006
Paradise Valley, AZ
There were notifications for accepted, priority waitlist and deferred.

If you've got a notification for priority waitlist, I would be feeling very good about your odds to end up with a new Ford GT.

LOL

I think you missed the fourth category known as "no" which I fell in.

Purchased my 06 brand new and still have it.