Was there actually a 2010 GT?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
This seller says, " Romans are delighted to offer this incredible 2010/10 Ford GT for sale presented in 'Mark IV Red' with Black Leather Interior. This very special 1 of 27 UK supplied cars ..."

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am guessing they meant 1 of 101.

101 cars were exported.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
But the title of the page is "2010 Used Ford GT ...

Maybe that was typed by some web designer who doesn't know better :unsure:

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I am guessing they meant 1 of 101.

101 cars were exported.
I agree appears to be a typo....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
They even made a nice video of their 2010 GT for sale (now sold):

Reactions: 2112

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That is a 2005 European 1 of 101 cars made for Europe. Note the headlight washers, extra turn signal lights, grill, and if there was a rear view there would be a red fog light.

Oops, didn't watch video. Small marker lights both front and back on the sides, rear side markers are amber - ours are red. And the rear red fog light.

Reactions: extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
FWIW, I have a vehicle with the headlight washer. I hate it. Doesn't do squat.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Let me throw this out there but David in the UK would know this better than me. Could be an export thing as far as what year it is. if a 2005/06 sat here on the MSO for a couple years and then got exported and sat for a couple years before getting titled. its (possible) they re-assign the year of the vehicle over there as to when its titled. don't forget the Ford GT-R Roush built cars that were mostly titled as 2007s after they were shipped to Europe and beyond. david is the expert on this. we had one of the 2007 Roush cars here in our shop that was totaled and shipped to us for recycling and it was titled as a 2007.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Its one of the 101.
Looking at the pictures and the build sequence, without the vin, lets come close.
Once you have the vin, its a fact, so........
So far Its a LATE 2005 , batch going to Roush in Europe.
Based .off the pictures
Day time running lights , fender markers and washers for the headlights , PLUS the sill plate marked 101. Seals the deal
Here is the ONLY issue.....
The front nose is VERY LATE 2005 or all of 2006 ,there is no front grille which was deleted aprox after vin 1675 in 2005.
But if we go under the bonnet, The bumper stops for the clam shell are earlier rubber stops on top of a bolt, not the tbird pop up spring.
The control arms look Billet, if they are not , someone with better eyes then its a very late 2005 /2006.
Im just throwing this out.....if its got billet arms, rubber bolt bump stops and NO FRONT GRILLE, The car might have been POPPED and the nose replaced with the only available 2006 nose with the 5 bars.
Im not saying it was hit but the vin will put it to rest.
Its a 2005 or 2006 .
Scott is correct, floor plan/ mso could have been on up to 10 years as I recall then they had to move on.
The EU was going through CRAZY tax changes back then, cars were used but new, 100percent tax rate of purchases price and other crazy things.
It could be titled a 2010or so BASED OFF OF the crazy EU rules. But itsa2005/2006 built car.
Bet it was a Holland / France / Amsterdam carish.....its running MPH speedo.
Interesting story.
GTJOEY1314
Second look the control arms look cast....I say LATE 2005, Just due to the parts except the bump stops.

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Thanks for all the replies and good, thorough info (y) This originally came up because my friend had somebody telling him about a 2010 GT he had seen. My friend's dad had an '06 tungsten until a few years ago, so that combined with mine, well he knows at least a little about GTs and was pretty sure the guy was mistaken. He told the guy he's pretty sure Ford only made the GT in 05/6 and 17+ and that he thought therefore it musta been a kit car, and the guy got mad :unsure::)