Was concidering a i phone 4s

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I was considering an i phone 4s but after a bit of research I am reluctant to pull the trigger.
It would appear that the durability is poor from some of the testing. It seems it takes very little to break the glass front (screen) or back. The 3s (god only knows how many times I dropped it and it keeps going)was way more durable as are the present gen Samsungs. For those with the 4 or 4s, how are they fairing in regards to durability? I think I am going to hold off on that purchase.

H

HHGT

Other than catching on fire during flights and causing emergency landings, they seem to be pretty reliable. :lol:lol

Here is an article about battery reliability...

"In more realistic tests, the iPhone 4S fared much worse. On one particularly busy day in which I made sure to use each phone equally for phone calls (about two hours each), after 14 hours of use, the iPhone 4S was down to 8%. The Windows Phone 7 on the HTC Radar was at 20% and the Samsung Galaxy SII was at 24%. Normally the iPhone drains much quicker, but I only made phone calls and pushed e-mail via ActiveSync on each phone. I may have fetched a web page or two. Had I used the iPhone 4S exclusively, it would have drained in half the time, or even quicker given the volume of phone calls. "

http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/232200123?pgno=5

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I was considering an i phone 4s but after a bit of research I am reluctant to pull the trigger.
It would appear that the durability is poor from some of the testing. It seems it takes very little to break the glass front (screen) or back. The 3s (god only knows how many times I dropped it and it keeps going)was way more durable as are the present gen Samsungs. For those with the 4 or 4s, how are they fairing in regards to durability? I think I am going to hold off on that purchase.

Hell - I have broke 3GS and 4's..... They all break. If you break the front glass on a 3/3gs after you split the case you have to heat up the broken glass to get the old touch membrame off - if you try to fix it yourself, or pay Apple via Genius bar $100USD to do it...

The 4 is easier to replace both back and fron. I just replaced the back for $12.63. Front part cost $39.99 off e-bay. Search YouTube for instructions and fleabay for the parts.

Another option is take it to the little shop that can be found in just about every shopping mall where in 4 hours a litle chinesse guy will fix it - but you might have a huge international phone bill :bored

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
would you really care if you broke the screen about the cost to replace it? Just buy a $30 huge case for it.

Not sure why people try and overthink things.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They're engineers, that's why. Just think about it .... Indy GT, Ralphie, MAD in NC......