Wanted to express my gratitude

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
GT Ladies & Gentlemen,

I just wanted to thank all of you for the awesome info on the site. I’ve been using the search function for the last few weeks and reading a bunch of great threads regarding the GT. By far I have learned more on this site than I even thought was out there. Any ways, I just wanted to thank you for sharing this information for all to see. I appreciate the knowledge. New 2006 Ford GT owner and proud of it!

Respectfully,

VH

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Welcome, enjoy this car, but watch the power!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats on the purchase! Looking forward to seeing you on the road.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome aboard, sir! :thumbsup

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I've only put about 200 miles on her but I've quickly realized that there is no hurry when you're traveling in your dream car. Enjoying the ride.

VH

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Yeah, try not to get sucked into being the guy going the fastest on the road. Savor every moment! Welcome and enjoy the best super car there is.

DJ.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to our group of Garage Watchers admireing your new Ford GT. Get you a comfortable chair and enjoy.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I learned a lot about the GT by coming hear almost a year before I finally landed my car. I hit the road running :)

I turned 1000 of my own miles on mine on Saturday since I got it in October (including the Nov-April winter downtime). I think some will think I've already ruined it :)

P.S. Pictures are almost mandatory here :) Tell us more about your toy!!!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
VH, welcome to a great, great club.
Now...how about meeting me at Cars and Coffee this Saturday in Irvine??

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
VH,

We try to make this an informative site as all of us owners are passionate about the CAR.
You have definately done it right by searching through all the past posts. There is a wealth of knowledge on almost any conseivable topic.

Glad you made the plunge to see for yourself how amazing this car really is.

In southern California, Kendall is probably closest if you need experienced work done or Rich and Dennis are FGT mechanical gurus in Detroit and Torrie can get you all the parts you might need. All are regular contributors on this forum. Attend our rally in New Orleans (with or without your car) to meet them and other owners. You will be hooked.

Enjoy my friend....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
if you thought it was fun and informative reading through the forum wait till you actually make it to one of the rally's! perhaps the upcoming one in new orleans. look at some of the past threads regarding the previous rally's.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
A rally sounds like a blast thanks for the invite. New Orleans sounds awesome but I will have to do some rearranging in my schedule before an event such as that. I will keep an anxious eye out for when I can attend one. Sooner than later my gut tells me.

Some of you wanted the specs on my girl. She's a 2006 FGT White w/Blue stripes, 4000 miles. No upgrades done. I realize that is one of the more common color combo's but to me it's one of a kind and the exact color I wanted. There was also a Tungsten which was beautiful but the white was the one for me. I purchased her from Marv Rose in Fresno. Great guy who was patient and answered all my questions and concerns. I am getting the clear film/bra installation right now and I have just purchased the mandatory "hot buttons" from Exoticare. I'm also thinking the billet vents are something I should look into replacing before I regret it. The film, detailing (Pro Mobile Auto), hot buttons and billet vents are all information I gained from reading this site. I realize I'm repeating myself but it is very much appreciated.

VH

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the car, and glad the site is of use for you.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I would have to agree, this is the best site for info - by far.

ps. enjoy your beast

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Some of you wanted the specs on my girl. She's a 2006 FGT White w/Blue stripes, 4000 miles. No upgrades done. I realize that is one of the more common color combo's but to me it's one of a kind and the exact color I wanted. There was also a Tungsten which was beautiful but the white was the one for me. I purchased her from Marv Rose in Fresno. Great guy who was patient and answered all my questions and concerns. I am getting the clear film/bra installation right now and I have just purchased the mandatory "hot buttons" from Exoticare. I'm also thinking the billet vents are something I should look into replacing before I regret it. The film, detailing (Pro Mobile Auto), hot buttons and billet vents are all information I gained from reading this site. I realize I'm repeating myself but it is very much appreciated.

VH
I too feel much the same as you, the White/Blue was the only color I wanted. The "hot buttons" should have come with the car from the factory, alas, it's an easy fix!!! You're doing the right thing by putting the film on, that way you can drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. You might also want to look into the short shift kit, it's a great improvement. The most important thing that you can do, is get in it and take it for a drive, it's the best reward ownership has!!!!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Much appreciated.

VH

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
VH, welcome to a great, great club.
Now...how about meeting me at Cars and Coffee this Saturday in Irvine??

KJRGT,

Wow, thanks for the invite. I have family coming in from back East (Pittsburgh / My home town. Go Steelers!) and will be doing all the So. Cal tourist attractions for the next 10 days. It would be awesome if we could set this up after. Cool of you to reach out.

VH

By the way I'm an I.E. guy. Don't hold it against me too much.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Vince,
Cars and Coffee is every Saturday morning, so we will get there in September for sure. We'll round up the gang.
In fact, we will probably pull together a one or two day drive in late September or October for all the SoCal guys and gals.
By I.E. do you mean Inland Empire?? No issue here pal..we are an equal-location organization!
Enjoy your time with the family.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power."

Abe Lincoln

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Vince,
Cars and Coffee is every Saturday morning, so we will get there in September for sure. We'll round up the gang.
In fact, we will probably pull together a one or two day drive in late September or October for all the SoCal guys and gals.
By I.E. do you mean Inland Empire?? No issue here pal..we are an equal-location organization!
Enjoy your time with the family.

KJRGT,

Yes, sir. My folks moved me from Pittburgh, Pa. to Riverside in 1980 and I have never left. Hot as heck and smog, but I'm an hour away from everything. Works for me.

VH