Aug 23, 2009
Theres a black GT on ebay for under 150 right now ,goodluck

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location

If that is the La. car, it has had some pretty serious damage including H2O.

Not saying it hasn't been repaired properly but . . .

Amazing what these cars are going for now -- even the beaters and beaten!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
............been the best purchase I ever made and introduced me to many, many new friends that I would never have met. Life is GREAT and you will be Blessed.

Tomy, that is the #1 benefit I have enjoyed since purchasing my GT. Thanks for reminding me!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Assuming you are referring to the Black car in TX for around $145k, That car has a bad carfax and has had extensive repair work and paintwork. Buyer BEWARE

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Assuming you are referring to the Black car in TX for around $145k, That car has a bad carfax and has had extensive repair work and paintwork. Buyer BEWARE

I think we're referring to the same car.

It's in TX now but experienced some serious issues in LA.

Been bought and sold a number of times.

Prolly only for those who can stomach some risk, potential issues, etc.

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Guys, Im in need of some cash to upgrade my car wash Im "possibly" thinking of selling my 2006 Yellow/black stripe salvage GT...was repaired by Scott at X-2 builders...its like new, 2900 miles, I have all the pictures from the repair. Not sure what its worth...130 or so what do you think??

docshelby

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2008
Metro Detroit
PM sent. Anything else guys, and gals. You have to know somebody who's thinking of selling? I think Dave may have found his.
Thanks, doc

dshears

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 26, 2009
Fremont Ca
Well guys, I really appreciate all of the advice and encouragement on purchasing a GT. I realized that I had to step up and just pay the money. I was able to buy a GT 2 1/2 hours away from me from Marv at FordGTForSale.com. Marv and his son Nathan were excellent to deal with. I picked up a beautiful 2005 white 4 option car with 1,071 miles. I drove the GT back the 2 1/2 hours and had a big grin the whole way. Again thank you all for your responses. Dave

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations on your purchase - :thumbsup

You won't regret it - just set up a chair in the garage and look at it all night tonight...and tomorrow night...just leave the chair in the garage, as you have purchased one of the finest pieces of art available to the common man.

It's a hell of a car, too!

Enjoy - :cheers

Sonic blue

GT Owner
Jun 1, 2007
British Columbia
Try Canadian Autotrader

Try autotrader.ca which is Canadian Autotrader. I think there's a Tungsten one for under 150K
As the cars were all made in the U.S. it should be a snap to bring them home.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The only way I can describe owning a Ford Gt is.Its like going out on a first date with the hottest chick you have ever seen or known.And its like that every time you get into it!
I often describe my wife as the Ford Gt of women!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Well guys, I really appreciate all of the advice and encouragement on purchasing a GT. I realized that I had to step up and just pay the money. I was able to buy a GT 2 1/2 hours away from me from Marv at FordGTForSale.com. Marv and his son Nathan were excellent to deal with. I picked up a beautiful 2005 white 4 option car with 1,071 miles. I drove the GT back the 2 1/2 hours and had a big grin the whole way. Again thank you all for your responses. Dave
Congrats, the most beautiful color if I must say so myself. Now get your status changed from "spectator" to "owner", and forget about setting up a chair, sit in the drivers seat, and push the red start button and go for a drive!!!!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Best color for sure! Glad you got one. Now enjoy!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congratulations on your car, post up some pics when you can. And as mentioned above you are going to love it every time you look at it or drive it.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA

Congrats on the purchase and you did well in going thru Marv. He is a stand up guy, much like the others who work thru this forum. Enjoy.

by the way, are you located somewhere in CA?

docshelby

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2008
Metro Detroit
Congrats, again Dave! Gotta tell you guys, during our quest to find our GT's, got to know Mr. Shears pretty well. He is a great guy, and will be a welcome addition to the owner's list. I'll be checking one out tomm. with Rich, with some luck, I'll be changing my forum status too.

refinerydog

Jun 20, 2012
Pictures of your car and details of previous damage

I'm in the market and can't afford a 180 K entry fee.

Guys, Im in need of some cash to upgrade my car wash Im "possibly" thinking of selling my 2006 Yellow/black stripe salvage GT...was repaired by Scott at X-2 builders...its like new, 2900 miles, I have all the pictures from the repair. Not sure what its worth...130 or so what do you think??