WANTED: Console Storage Unit By Kip

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Long shot, but I am looking for one of the storage units that install in the console.

Kip made these several years ago, right after I got my GT.

Busy jumping on other upgrades out of the chute, I never pulled the trigger on one.

If someone out there has one collecting dust I would be interested. Please send me a PM.

Jeff

Console Storage Bin 1.jpgConsole Storage Bin 2.jpg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Hope you find One. Cool pieces

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Hope you find One. Cool pieces

I think the one in your black car is the only one I have seen in person.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Speaking from experience installing one of these is stressful. I installed roketmans many years ago (like over a decade I bet). Taking a jig saw to an expensive piece of magnesium, is not friendly to the nerves. LOTS of blue tape, and work, very slowly.

Good luck with the search, needle in a haystack, comes to mind. Especially as once you cut it, you cant go back to the pad (you cut out the slots that the clips of the OEM pad slide into). Point being you cant take it out later, to return to stock, which might open up a second hand opportunity.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I think the one in your black car is the only one I have seen in person.
Mine made 10 yrs ago by Shadowman. Very cool piece. Essentially can fit my cell and few small things. Sunglasses dont fit.
Hope you find one.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I installed this on my black car and as Andy said it was somewhat of a puckering moment when you go to make the first cut on the console but once you are committed it goes smoothly and the install is not difficult... taking the console out is by far more challenging than installing this unit..

having been around here for so long I have never seen one for sale but anything is possible and people do hang on to odd parts

good luck, I hope you find one they are indeed very cool and functional and of great quality.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Doesn't Rubbermaid make a close fit?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Thanks Specracer and Soroush for the insights.
Having done similar projects on this and other cars, I know the fear of the irreversible.
Like most here, I'm not worried about resale, but enjoying the car. (within reason of course)
Not planning on installing a Spam can for an ashtray any time soon.

Howard, I might have done something like a Rubbermaid in my '73 Gran Torino Sport during my high school days,
but like to feel I have evolved just a little. ;)

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I have the mold to make the base portion of this. I would have to design the top portion to be able to complete them.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Was there more than one model? The one I purchased required no cutting! Otherwise I would not have installed it! It’s been 10 yrs.... I added the CF parking brake surround at the same time

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Was there more than one model? The one I purchased required no cutting! Otherwise I would not have installed it! It’s been 10 yrs.... I added the CF parking brake surround at the same time

I do believe there may have been more than one version. Sounds like Mitchell has a different model.
I think they were also done in carbon fiber.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Can send you photo of mine if need. Just email me if want it

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Andy(Specracer) came to my house at 6am to do the install back in 2007.I must admit I couldn't watch and had to leave the garage!
But I will say he did an awesome job! Thanks again Andy!

Reactions: Specracer

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Can send you photo of mine if need. Just email me if want it

Thanks Mitchell, I'll let you know.

Hope you and Nadine are doing well through all of this.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I spoke with Kip.He has some stashed in storage that need assembly .Dont know when they will available though.He said he would let me know

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I spoke with Kip.He has some stashed in storage that need assembly .Dont know when they will available though.He said he would let me know

Thanks Ron!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Thanks Specracer and Soroush for the insights.
Having done similar projects on this and other cars, I know the fear of the irreversible.
Like most here, I'm not worried about resale, but enjoying the car. (within reason of course)
Not planning on installing a Spam can for an ashtray any time soon.

Howard, I might have done something like a Rubbermaid in my '73 Gran Torino Sport during my high school days,
but like to feel I have evolved just a little. ;)

Ahhh the old spam can... surprised no one came up with a carbon fibre version 😂👍

Reactions: steved57

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Ahhh the old spam can... surprised no one came up with a carbon fibre version 😂👍

Terry, I was surprised how long it took someone from Rally 10 to remember this rare option.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
With people digging through their stashes and parts coming out of the woodworks, I thought I would bump this back up.

Interested in talking about any of the available options.

Jeff

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I also must have the simple version. All that was necessary was to pull the stock armrest pad off and replace with storage unit Very shallow however and not really much storage available. Had stock armrest signed by Carroll Shelby.