Want to buy Engine splash shield

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
Want to buy the engine splash shield. Mine is missing because a previous owner tracked the car and removed it and it’s lost!
Item is back ordered at Ford dealers. Thanks

Attachments

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Where are you located?

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
Where are you located?
My car is in Bangkok Thailand. However, seller can ship to my shipping agent in San Francisco. I pay via PayPal. Thanks.

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
I am restoring the car to original concourse condition. There are only 4 of Ford GT in Thailand.

Attachments

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Are those the originals tires? If so there are several threads to review.

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
Are those the originals tires? If so there are several threads to review.
One of the previous owners must have changed it. They are a bit hard but the treads look like new. I will change them to Bridgestone soon. I also need headlight driver side because the lens is broken. 😓

PeteK

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you don’t plan to drive it, you can keep the old tires for originality. If you plan to drive it fast, then you better get new tires. You will see from “The Tire Thread” that pretty much everyone likes the Bridgestones.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Dearbornperformance has a new RH headlight. They are hard to find……believe the owner is a member on this site.

Reactions: Natee

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
If you don’t plan to drive it, you can keep the old tires for originality. If you plan to drive it fast, then you better get new tires. You will see from “The Tire Thread” that pretty much everyone likes the Bridgestones.
Thank you. I plan to drive it a lot. I like vintage cars to be cosmetically original but tires and tires are the last thing I want to keep original.

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
Dearbornperformance has a new RH headlight. They are hard to find……believe the owner is a member on this site.

Thank you. Unfortunately, he misunderstood me for a fraudulent buyer and blocked me from all transactions just because I used my credit card to purchase large orders worth over $20,000 in total. Credit card automatic fraud protection flagged alerts for large online transactions to both sellers and cardholders of which I contacted my bank to verify but I guess Scott got so spooked he did not want to do business with me. I had tried to prove my legitimacy but to no avail. PayPal is actually safe for both buyers and sellers yet he didn’t want to accept my payment via PayPal. He demanded full wire transfer so I asked for his bank info but he didn’t want to provide me with that either. It seemed like he couldn’t care less about doing business with this foreign customer. I ended up buying what I needed from eBay and other Ford dealers. I really wish things didn’t get off on such a bad start with Scott because I had heard good things about him and there were many items that I needed from him. Were I be a fraudulent buyer, I would rather buy newer and easier to sell car parts like Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche; no vin number and current registration required! Ford GT is a LHD car and most of them are in the USA. Thailand is RHD and, if there is a RHD choice, LHD cars are not desirable. There are only 3-4 of Ford GT in Thailand owned by collectors and they rarely see the road! I drive all my cars a lot so I need spare parts for both maintenance and small accidents too. I hate it when a vintage car is broken and there’s no part available. Imported Taxes for a CBU car are 328% for new cars and used cars are no longer allowed for import.

BTW, I am reasonably well known in the supercar community in Thailand and also on Facebook and Instagram. Ironically, I paid US$ 1.5 million for a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster just to be rejected to buy Ford parts. 😅😓

Reactions: Roadtrip