Wanna Go Fast 1/2 mile

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Hello, With the Race coming up and some of you coming down I thought I would post this event I just heard of. Sold Out for drivers but I thought I might drive the GT there on Sunday after the rain on Saturday to spectate. Here's what I found.

WannaGOFAST is a company focused on providing one thing, going fast! Our main goal is to provide racing events both public and private that cater to the speed addict in all of us. Our Next 6 Event Dates and locations will be the Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout at Jumbolair Airport, in Ocala, FL, on 1.23-1.24.16, the Virginia 1/2 Mile Shootout, at Ingall's Field Airport, in Hot Springs, VA, on 4.30-5.1.16, the Georgia 1/2 Mile Shootout, at Heaven's Landing Airport in Clayton, GA, on 5.14-5.15.16 and 9.17-9.18.16, the Indiana 1/2 Mile Shootout at French Lick Municipal Airport, in French Lick, IN, on 10.15-10.16.16 and the Texas 1/2 Mile Shootout, at Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport in Sulphur Springs, TX, on 11.12-11.13.16!! Be sure to subscribe to our "Event Alerts" to be the first to know when event dates and details are announced!!
Florida ½ Mile Runway Shootout!!
This incredible 2-DAY event will be held on January 23rd and 24th, 2016 at the Beautiful Jumbolair Airport (WWW.JUMBOLAIR.COM) located in Ocala, FL nestled in the Horse Capital of the World!! Come join us for 2 FULL DAYS of, side-by-side, HALF MILE racing at this rare and exclusive location. All of our participants will be given a chance to take their vehicle’s Top Speed down Jumbolair’s private 7550 ft runway and race door-to-door against the competitor of their choice!! See what it’s finally like to race without the restrictions of speed limits, on what is basically your own private proving grounds in Ocala, FL!! This event is limited to only 150 cars per day and is sure to sell out quick!! So register today and we promise to make your automotive DREAMS come true!!
Host Hotel Info:
The "Official" Host Hotel is the Hilton & La Quinta of Ocala. Pricing for the Hilton will start at $139/per night and $129/per night for the La Quinta.
CLICK HERE to Reserve Your Room at the Hilton of Ocala. If you would prefer to stay next door at the La Quinta please call them at (352) 861-1137 and tell them you're with the "wannaGOFAST" group in order to get the $129/night rate.
*Please note there are only 100 rooms available between both hotels so book now to ensure you get a room with all of us!
*In the event the host hotel locations are sold out please CLICK HERE for a list of all the hotels in the Ocala, FL area.
The event address is:
Jumbolair Airport
1401 NE 77th Street
Ocala, FL 34479
Event Dates: January 23rd & 24th, 2016

The Driver Registration deadline is December 18th, 2015. It is very likely this event will sell out BEFORE the deadline. Our most recent event "Sold Out" in just 20 minutes!! So please register now to ensure your spot for January 23rd & 24th, 2016.
Pricing:

DRIVERS:
$225/ea (per day) in advance before November 13th, 2015, or $400 for a 2-Day Pass.
$250/ea (per day) in advance after November, 13th, 2015, or $450 for a 2-Day Pass.
**To register as a "Driver" for both days simply click on the "2DayPass" Option in the drop down menu.
All Driver's will be treated to a private catered lunch!
Driver’s you must Pre-Pay Online!
*There is no limit to the number of passes you can make! You will only be restricted by the turnover time that each runs takes.
SPECTATORS:
Adults: $20/ea (per day)
Children 12 and under: $10/ea (per day)
Spectator tickets can only be purchased at the front gate the morning of the event....cash only! We do not limit spectator ticket sales!
EVENT SCHEDULE:
Driver Check-In/Tech Inspection: 7:45AM
Staging Begins For Drivers/First Run of the Day: 9:00AM
Gates Open To Spectators: 9:00AM
Break For Lunch: 12:00-1:00PM
Last Run Of The Day: 5:00PM
Awards Ceremony: 5:15PM
RACING FORMAT:
All races will be started from a dig or a roll (racer's choice) and will be run, side by side, for a full HALF MILE!!
VEHICLE CLASSES (ALL AWARDS BASED OFF VEHICLE TRAP SPEEDS):
Overall Exotic/Import
Overall Domestic
AWD
Naturally Aspirated
RWD
FWD
Manual Transmission
4 Door
Heavyweight - Vehicle curb weight must be greater than 4k lbs (Curb Weight based off OEM Manufacturer's Ratings)
THE EVENT IS LIMITED TO 150 CARS PER DAY, NO MOTORCYCLES
ALL DRIVER’S WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR HELMETS FOR THIS EVENT.
WE TAKE CASH ONLY AT THE GATE FOR SPECTATORS.
SPECTATORS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN TENTS AND CHAIRS FOR THIS EVENT.
ALL SPEEDS WILL BE RECORDED WITH A DUAL-LANE SPEED TRAP SYSTEM.
DRIVER REGISTRATION IS NOW SOLD OUT!! Our participant waitlist is now full!! Thanks to everyone for the RECORD 12 Minute SELL OUT!!
REFUND POLICY AND EVENT DISCLAIMER

WE PROUDLY ACCEPT:
credit card logos ** NOTICE ** ALL DRIVERS AND CREW MUST READ THE EVENT REGISTRATION WAIVERS, TECH SHEET, FORMS, GENERAL EVENT RULES AND RULES & REGULATIONS.
PARTICIPANT WAIVER
RACING RULES AND REGULATIONS
EVENT RULES
INSPECTION SHEET
REFUND POLICY AND EVENT DISCLAIMER
Checkout the Promo Video for our Upcoming Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout on January 23-24th, 2016 in Ocala, FL at Jumbolair Airport!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Too bad it's sold out. We should get a group together next time and go. We'll drag Xcentric along and bring a sundial to record his time.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I would have like to have gone, It's to close to the timing of the Daytona event, keep us posted on future events..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Paul.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
too bad it's sold out. We should get a group together next time and go. We'll drag xcentric along and bring a sundial to record his time.

+1 lol!