Visited the National Automotive and Truck Museum

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
My wife and I took our kids on a quick camping trip over the weekend to Indiana and while we there we went to the National Automotive and Truck Museum located in Auburn (NATMUS). We walked around for about 15 minutes then I hear “Look Dad a GT” thinking we left that at the shop and what did they find?

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

Back in development days we called this car CP4 and it did most of the chassis testing for the program. If I remember correctly this one was the first one to get the first set of test billet control arms. Boy does it bring back memories. Now I guess it’s time to start putting all of the GT’s away if they are showing up in museums only 5 years out of production.

Not a chance they are meant to be driven!!

Now when does that Rally start, I'm ready to drive?

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Thanks for posting that Rich! Sounds like you and the family had great fun!

That's a nice museum. Lots of history there, interesting exhibits, and really good architecture.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
+1 Been to the museum a few time too. Have family in Ft.Wayne and go on every visit.

Let me get this right, They want you to look for Foyt's signature under the hood? Must be with your x-ray vision.:biggrin

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Great story! These cars seem to follow you everywhere!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
There is a new FORD GT (2006 tungsten no stripe sitting next to a FORD GT MKIII in the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles.