Vintage Ford GT40, Mustang, and Racing pics

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
A woman from the gym I frequent presented me with some vintage racing memorabilia that I’d like to share. Definitely some cool stuff! Check it out:

This is her:

This is a reverse image:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
WOW!!!! The pic with the lens in the mirror just shows how real these are. Fantastic, thanks for posting!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Holy cow, there are some gems in there.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
WOW!!!! The pic with the lens in the mirror just shows how real these are. Fantastic, thanks for posting!!
Thanks! I have a few more that I’ll post soon.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Wow. Very cool stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
A window into a different era. One That seems burned into my psyche even tho I was just a young kid then. Kind of like remembering the hits from the Beatles or the Doors at any moment, even tho I never hear them anymore.

Thank you for sharing those.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
If anyone has any info they’d like to share, please chime in!

Charlotte Motor Speedway’s Infield:

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Thanks for sharing. They are so cool to see. Imagining right now just how cool would it have been to be there back then...

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Thanks for sharing. They are so cool to see. Imagining right now just how cool would it have been to be there back then...
My pleasure! I too am intrigued by them. Interestingly, I am drawn to the people and ancillary activities as much as the cars. Infield living doesn’t look like it’s changed much over the past 50 years. My friend Judy who gave them to me said she would go to the races by herself because she was really into racing but none of her friends or family were. It makes you wonder how much other interesting racing history is sitting out there unnoticed by its possessors...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Give her Ralphie 's phone number.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
My pleasure! I too am intrigued by them. Interestingly, I am drawn to the people and ancillary activities as much as the cars. Infield living doesn’t look like it’s changed much over the past 50 years. My friend Judy who gave them to me said she would go to the races by herself because she was really into racing but none of her friends or family were. It makes you wonder how much other interesting racing history is sitting out there unnoticed by its possessors...

This is really cool Kevin!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
This is really cool Kevin!
Thanks! I’ve got some more coming next week. Unfortunately, I was talking with my friend and she said: you’re going to kill me, but I just threw out a bunch of 35mm slides from vintage races...[emoji24]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
but I just threw out a bunch of 35mm slides from vintage races...[emoji24]
Oh No!!! I would have scanned them

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great memories.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Were anyone to try sitting/standing on one of today's cars like this it'd cost a pretty penny to fix the damage...especially the roof... :facepalm:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Incredible photos! Now that’s real racing when men were men and seat belts were optional. But I gotta ask, what’s your relationship with this so called mysterious “Woman at the Gym” Kevin? Just kidding!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
very cool photos. amazing cars

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Cool thread!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Incredible photos! Now that’s real racing when men were men and seat belts were optional. But I gotta ask, what’s your relationship with this so called mysterious “Woman at the Gym” Kevin? Just kidding!
Haha, I tried to craftily word my post... She told me how she would travel to the races all by herself because none of her friends had an interest. I told her: If I were alive in the sixties, we’d probably would have hooked up... She got a good laugh out of that!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Were anyone to try sitting/standing on one of today's cars like this it'd cost a pretty penny to fix the damage...especially the roof... :facepalm:
Yep, thick steel and vinyl tops helped out!