Victoria BC Canada

PhantomBlue

May 15, 2013
Victoria
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I was just reaching out to see how many GT's are in the Victoria / surrounding area?

cheers!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I would be curious about that as well. Curious how they do going over on a BC Ferry! The reason I ask is that my mother lives in Victoria and I visit her on occastion and would look you up. I would not have my GT with me though.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
There's a user named ed.life on here who's in Victoria. I'll be calling him when I'm on the island in about a month and we'll likely grab a brew. If you'd like to join us, let me know. I'm travelling with my family, so no GT excursion for me this time, but there's also a few others from the forum just across the ferry in Delta and Richmond. plus some not on the forum that are in Vancouver.

So, do you have a GT or are you just looking for one?

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I would be curious about that as well. Curious how they do going over on a BC Ferry! The reason I ask is that my mother lives in Victoria and I visit her on occastion and would look you up. I would not have my GT with me though.

I don't think I would put mine on the Port Angeles (US) - Victoria Ferry as the ramps would be difficult and the cars are closely stacked together. Works fine for my 1-ton truck though.

http://www.cohoferry.com/MV-Coho

I don't know about the other ones....

PhantomBlue

May 15, 2013
Victoria
There's a user named ed.life on here who's in Victoria. I'll be calling him when I'm on the island in about a month and we'll likely grab a brew. If you'd like to join us, let me know. I'm travelling with my family, so no GT excursion for me this time, but there's also a few others from the forum just across the ferry in Delta and Richmond. plus some not on the forum that are in Vancouver.

So, do you have a GT or are you just looking for one?

Hi Superfly, I am just looking right now. I do own a 2003 NSX, which is quiet low.

To answer the ferry question, you need to drive on on the lower deck. To much angle on the top ramps.

Thanks for the info guys!

PhantomBlue

May 15, 2013
Victoria
As well, just to give a heads up I do organize meets with the Dodge Vipers, Nissan GTR's ( new models )and NSX's for the island. If any of you would be interested in coming to a meet just let me know. We might even be having in September time a track event up in Port Alberni at the airport were we will be renting part of the track for a closed track event. The island Porsche club rents it once a year.
We usually meet at Clover Point on Sundays. We just finished having a meet so the next will be in about a month time. Date has not been set yet.

cheers!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
To answer the ferry question, you need to drive on on the lower deck. To much angle on the top ramps.

Don't forget the 'tide' determines what ramp angle you'll face just driving aboard...:willy