Veterans Day

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

"This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

To all who signed the blank check...and especially to all those whose check was cashed: :cheers

Last edited:

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
EP,
You got that exactly right!!!!!
Those guys sit on the wall so that we can sleep.
Thank you all vets.
Took care of a guy that was 92 years old today and he fought in many of this countries conflicts.
I was so blessed to be in his presence!
Mark

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My little granddaughter invited me to her school's Veterans Day assembly (which took place at 8:30 A.M. today), soooo, of course, I accepted!

I was stunned - truly STUNNED - by what her classmates put together in tribute to U.S. Vets. THE WHOLE PROGRAM was scripted by the kids themselves - I kid you not. Dear GOD, it was soooooooooo impressive. You have NO idea...no idea at all.

When it concluded, all us 'Vets were asked to stand and be recognized...whereupon we were each handed A CARNATION...and the kids then paraded by each of us, shook the hand of every vet in the place, and thanked us for our service.

I darned near LOST it. I haven't seen anything even close to that since I was present at one of Wayne Newton's tributes to 'Vets at the Flamingo Showroom in 'Vegas several y-e-a-r-s ago.

I'll NEVER forget it...

THANKS to every one of those kids...

Last edited: