Utah Roads made for GT

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
It's like the roads around Utah were designed for my GT :) P7310020.jpgCopyof_MG_9795.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I love State Route 12! :thumbsup

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I like it!

Vince H

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I love State Route 12! :thumbsup

Yes. Down through Escalante. Spectacular.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Nice! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Love Utah!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
We definitely had fun on some of those roads during our Rally VI cruise!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Very nice. No traffic either.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
In the 1st picture, that particular section of the narrow road is called the "Hogsback" and is very twisty for about 1-2 miles, with no guardrails, and a dropoff of about 300-1,000 feet on each side. It's awesome! I'll be coming back on it after I pick up the #2 car at the GT Guy over Memorial Day.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome scenery, awesome roads. Love it out there.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yup, awesome road, awesome scenery. Done it a few times, unfortunately, not in a FGT (yet!).

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I lived in Northern Utah. Good roads, but snow half the year. Brest roads are in the southern part of the state. Unfortunato, UHwyP have or have Hemie Challengers or Shelby GT500 mustaings.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I lived in Northern Utah. Good roads, but snow half the year. Brest roads are in the southern part of the state. Unfortunato, UHwyP have or have Hemie Challengers or Shelby GT500 mustaings.
You can out run a car ,but not a radio!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Joyride/Team Jeff says the cops are lenient also! At least all the ones that pulled him over!

Ed

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is anyone scouting the roads in the vegas area? I 15 is pretty well a construction zone from St george to vegas. Worst area is the Virgin river through Arizona. The freeway from mesquite to vegas is a constantly moving window of repaving.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is anyone scouting the roads in the vegas area? I 15 is pretty well a construction zone from St george to vegas. Worst area is the Virgin river through Arizona. The freeway from mesquite to vegas is a constantly moving window of repaving.

If your plans are to come to Vegas down I-15, I would suggest heading west at Cedar City on UT-56 to Panaca, then south on US 93 through Caliente, and rejoin I-15 about 20 miles east of Las Vegas....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If your plans are to come to Vegas down I-15, I would suggest heading west at Cedar City on UT-56 to Panaca, then south on US 93 through Caliente, and rejoin I-15 about 20 miles east of Las Vegas....

I completely understand this drive. I've scouted it in the past from a local

My question was relative to the Rally and what the pre- and post- rally drives might be. The message is to avoid I15 between Vegas and St. George, even as a place to get to a side trip. This includes a portion where we would go to the highway to Valley of Fire.

I already caved and had my car shipped (it got here Tuesday). With my drive time (I do it from the old home in Colorado to the new home in Vegas, about 800 miles, straight through, usually in about 11 hours (including the mandatory female driven pit stops). The GT just isn't the kind of car for a "long haul" even on good roads and the detour would have changed it into a 14 hour drive.

But what are the pre and post rally drives going to be ????

Last edited: