Utah - need a recommendation for a tire shop

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Where do you get your tires changed?

I'm driving from Denver to the rally and although my rears are ok now I doubt they will have anything left after a day on the track. We'll also be stopping somewhere in the mountains on the way home and the weather through there is sketchy. I'm thinking of having a set delivered to a trusted shop near SLC and then have them changed out before we depart for home.

Or maybe I'll just go find an empty parking lot and do some donuts and quit worrying about it and change them here.

Thanks!! It's getting close. :willy

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Find a good Mormon shop.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I had my Trailer Tires changed and several others had work done at the previous rally when it was Miller Motorsports Park.

I called the track office and they had a close-in Tire Dealer they used. Did an Excellent job, correct parts, tools , on site change with a well equipped truck in the track in the parking lot. And very fair pricing. The Technician good.... and yes Frank... he was a Mormon...
I will try to find the info and post for you....

andy (ajb)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Perfect. Thank you, Andy.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'll have to change at least the rear tires too. Not sure yet whether I'll do it before I drive out or somewhere enroute, or there. Keep us informed of options.

TIA.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'd love to help. And I am a Mormon. But I'm leaving all my tire changing tools at home...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
RALLY TIRE INFORMATION:

I have spoken to UMC over the past days on this subject.

The local Company we used for the last Rally was :

LES SCHWAB TIRE CO.
435-843-8270

As noted earlier, they had the tires ready, sent the technician and mobile tire install truck and did good work. (I had shredded a tire in Cheyenne) . I recall Stormcat Brian and Shesgotlegs Terry may have also had some work done by them.

Utah Motorsports Campus , Dixon Hunt, has also sent a note to the Ford Track School located at UMC for any input they may have.

I will keep you guys posted. Please do the same.

andy (ajb)

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Les Schwab is close by (15 min) from the hotel, located in Heber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Find a good Mormon shop.

No more Mormon Jokes Dr. Pickle :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please, that was not a Mormon joke. It was not meant to impune anyone. Are you showing up or not.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Please, that was not a Mormon joke. It was not meant to impune anyone. Are you showing up or not.

Frank,

Well the event is sold out, and there was no way to accommodate the event do to a prior meeting commitment, but I will be in Deer Valley probably from Friday night on, so I may come out to the Miller Motor Sports Park on Saturday and watch you drive around the track. Won't participate in the event as, I am not registered and won't have GT on site. Wifey has made some major interior design upgrades to home in DV, and I need to go there just to experience the "SHOCK FACTOR" !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, please go there Saturday since we are there all day Friday.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well then, if you aren't there I'll see you in DV, if you don't get lost or short of breath. Bring some bottled O2, you may need it