US Marshalls classic car seizure. Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am will hit the auction block!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great story with a happy ending, Congrats.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow! Great story!

Congrats!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow!! How cool is that?!
Excellent story and a great read

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great story..and congrats... this reminds me of when I had bought or thought I had bought (verbal agreement over the phone with an agreed price to buy the car) one of 9 ever made 1993 saleen SA-10s just to find out the seller decided to back out last minute because he had another buyer for the car.. years later I saw that car in paul walkers collection...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Congrats buddy. I will gladly take the red head off your hands.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Looks like there were no real bargains to be had here.

Burt Reynolds car sold for $181k for those are interested.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Thanks guys.

My first & only car memory I have while still living with my parents is when I was pre-teen and parked in our neighborhood one day was a Mach 1. I lived overseas most of my life and I had never seen any car so cool, so swoopy, and powerful. I think it was a '69 and I couldn't believe my eyes. As I worked my way to the back of the car caressing every curve and crease along the way, it said Mach 1. I knew precisely what that meant as my father was working for McDonnell Douglas then and represented the F-4 Phantom. I just thought WOW! Perhaps someday....

Though once I returned to the U.S. after graduating from high school and my first two vehicles were Fords (Econoline van with shag carpet, portholes, interior paneling, and the works, and following that a brand new F-150 4x4), I kind of forgot about Mustangs (and IMO there were some forgettable models over the years) until Gone in 60 Seconds. More recently I had a Boss 302 Laguna Seca in my stable which was great fun on and off the track, I'm more excited about driving the Super Snake next week than other cars in my queue including a Ferrari after a recent visit to Maranello & Modena including a memorable Atelier process.

Soroush, as you know, Paul had an impressive collection including several Saleens. I understand the man he entrusted his collection to stole a number of his cars immediately after his death. Do you know what ever became of that guy & his cars?

Dr. Frank, you're too funny!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Actually the Saleens were Roger Rodas' (the CGT driver) not Paul's. Roger and Paul created a business called Always Evolving. AE had a manager, Richie (dont remember his last name). After the accident the estate sued Richie, over a couple cars. Many of the Saleens were sold a few years ago by a well known Saleen broker in VA. Still not all of the cars have yet been sold. ~20 of Pauls cars are going the BJ Scottsdale in January, including 5 BMW E36 M3 Light weights (note only 126 of these were made). I have no idea whats left if anything after this. I know all of this as I bought a Saleen from Roger before the accident, and it was all handled by Ritchie.

Soroush, as you know, Paul had an impressive collection including several Saleens. I understand the man he entrusted his collection to stole a number of his cars immediately after his death. Do you know what ever became of that guy & his cars?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Aloha,

specracer is correct,, that particular car was actually sold to roger rodas but every video online shows it to be in pauls collection or both of their collection... i dont really know the nature of their relationship. I was so mad at the selling dealer who broke his word and reneged on our deal that I didnt want anything to do with him.. typical used car salesmen BS attitude, shady and dishonest to make a quick buck...I will not name names but some here know who he is...

as for roger and pauls collection specracer seems to be more in the know than me. I gave up looking for one of those cars as they are nearly unobtainable...

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats Aloha ... definately an awesome car!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

One of my all time favorite cars!

Somebody get this one...

[apologies for mispelling Marshals in the thread title]

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And the actual Auction page:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow, some deals, some not. A Demon is already over 83K while a Daytona is only 41K and 3 Superbirds at 50K, 31K, 19K.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Looking at the lots appears an early MoPar collector that got busted.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Kelvin, going forward, you need to do your homework before you buy!! LOL

Enjoy, sounds amazing!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There's a motor home getting top bucks.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
The GT 500E arrives at SM!
This thing is so cammy at idle. Very mean sounding!

Reactions: 07XL0027

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Amazing story and excellent outcome. Congratulations.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
wow - some really nice cars

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA