Upgrading from Adaptive Cruise Control to Stop and Go

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I have a 2016 F150 Platinum with ACC that deactivates below 13mph. I’m searching for an upgrade to full stop and go. Would anyone here have any leads on this upgrade? It seems like all of the basic hardware is there. I hoping for a simple firmware update... Any thoughts appreciated.

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Well it is not quite what you are looking to do but you might want to ask the question on the F150 forum where they have discussions such as this:

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Well it is not quite what you are looking to do but you might want to ask the question on the F150 forum where they have discussions such as this:
Thanks, I did come across this along with a couple of other discussions which peaked my interest in the possibility. If I can’t get support from a dealer on this feat, I might just leave it alone to avoid compromising any safety systems.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Have to admit, this is a really useful feature. Our EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee has it and last night we had to traverse congested LA freeways - often stop and go for ~40 miles. Using ACC was a lifesaver. The GC lets you stop for a couple of seconds and it will automatically resume. If the stop is longer than a couple of seconds, you just touch the resume button and ACC is back on. But the logic also avoids the complete stops. It will slow and inch along rather than stop so the times that you need to use the resume button are really mitigated. Anyway, ACC for this kind of traffic is one of my favorite uses of it..... so I completely get the question.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
At least in our part of the planet this is not allowed AFAIK. Guess there is a very good reason why. ACC itself is perfect convenience, makes fast long trips on the autobahn kind of relaxing, no raised adrenaline anymore when you‘re at 130mph on the left lane and some moron driving 70mph deciding to get on your lane because he forgot to look in his side mirror.