smaller cars.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

-----

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Some of the banking stocks I own are doing worse that Ford!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
It's time to move to a small town in Nevada and start a brothel!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Very tough news to swallow again. WE ALL LOVE FORD ITS AN AMERICAN ICON.:thumbsup But heres more to chew on.
My 2006 mark lt has 11 months to go on the lease, the book value as of today is 19,000 dollars ,figuired by next year its worth 15/14 whatever . Wanted to cut a deal with lucas ,buy the truck NOW AND BUY ANOTHER FORD FOR MY SON. Guess what the buyout in july 09 is $34,500 :eek:eek:eek.
THEY ARE DEAD MY FRIENDS. THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES BUT THEY ARE DEAD........AND THEY WONT CUT A DEAL? NO MORE CARS ARE GOING TO MEXICO, THE CHOPPING BLOCK IS DISCOUNTED BY 50% BECAUSE THEY ALL EAT TO MUCH GAS.
In 30 years ford will still be a world factor , BUT they just wont be a factor anymore in selling cars in the U.S. thank you henry for having the foresite to purchase world wide factories,land ,jungles and yes you were right 80 years ago ............... THE UNION KILLED THE COMPANY!!!!!!!

Remember the great darrel waltrip last year said as they threw food at him when they announced his brother was going to toyota
WHAT CAR MAKER IN NASCAR BUILDS CARS IN THE U.S.
CHEVY? no MEXICO, FORD no CANADA AND GUESS WHAT TOYOTA " NON UNION" IN :willy NORTH CAROLINA , I THINK THATS IN THE U.S.
HOLA GTJOEY 1314

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
It's time to move to a small town in Nevada and start a brothel!

Good idea, lets do some market research at Rally III, short ride to Pahrump:lol:biggrin:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Very tough news to swallow again. WE ALL LOVE FORD ITS AN AMERICAN ICON.:thumbsup But heres more to chew on.
My 2006 mark lt has 11 months to go on the lease, the book value as of today is 19,000 dollars ,figuired by next year its worth 15/14 whatever . Wanted to cut a deal with lucas ,buy the truck NOW AND BUY ANOTHER FORD FOR MY SON. Guess what the buyout in july 09 is $34,500 :eek:eek:eek.
THEY ARE DEAD MY FRIENDS. THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES BUT THEY ARE DEAD........AND THEY WONT CUT A DEAL? NO MORE CARS ARE GOING TO MEXICO, THE CHOPPING BLOCK IS DISCOUNTED BY 50% BECAUSE THEY ALL EAT TO MUCH GAS.
In 30 years ford will still be a world factor , BUT they just wont be a factor anymore in selling cars in the U.S. thank you henry for having the foresite to purchase world wide factories,land ,jungles and yes you were right 80 years ago ............... THE UNION KILLED THE COMPANY!!!!!!!

Remember the great darrel waltrip last year said as they threw food at him when they announced his brother was going to toyota
WHAT CAR MAKER IN NASCAR BUILDS CARS IN THE U.S.
CHEVY? no MEXICO, FORD no CANADA AND GUESS WHAT TOYOTA " NON UNION" IN :willy NORTH CAROLINA , I THINK THATS IN THE U.S.
HOLA GTJOEY 1314

Loveyah boobalah:lol:biggrin:lol
But you are the most negative guy on this board:frown:bored:frown
Ford and GM will realign their USA production to meet the market needs.
Buy F stock, great investment, the Blue Oval is the gold standard:thumbsup
Meanwhile, have a great event around your musuem with Dennis and Rich. God Bless America!:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Baby!!! NOBODY IS MORE POSITVE THEN ME :banana:banana
But when you go to the doctor and have chest pains, dont bullcrap and say you stubbed your toe!:thumbsup thats what they are doing, patching, plugging,
I have 5 ford/lincoln products with 3 years , we all put in the effort!
we all spent 200,000+ on fords ITS JUST A SHAME TO SEE IT GO DOWN IN FRONT OF US. Yes Lee Iaccoca was right , SOMEONE ,ANYONE, GTJOEY SPEAK UP.....

Bony as usual my friend , you are always welcome , dbk goes without saying and we will have a wonderful time, getting prepared for the BIG EVENT , VEGAS
LOVE GTJOEY 1314 POSITVE GROUND AND 12 VOLT SYSTEM :biggrin

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Part of the new restructuring plan laid waist to my dad's job this week. He's survived the layoffs for years... nearly left ford over an issue I won't discuss on a forum a few years back. I think it is safe to say that he was the best man for the job being that he wrote the book on FMEA; just too old, and the least seniority in his group. (started @ Ford the summer of 2000 Just after the Firestone/ Focus fiasco's)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Read if you will but I doubt most will.

My step dad was the director of the UAW until he retired. Yes we had many debates (My Dad passed in 1972 while at work managing the Ford Utica Trim Plant he was only 56). So I can speak from some real inside info.

People who work at either dealer ship or factory are not raised in any select group. They are all people like us, who may leave a Toyota dealer or factory and start work the next day at Ford/GM or Chrysler.

Once you take the cars out of the mix it comes down to this.
Your loyalty to your own country and its people.
Toyota is foriegn owned & operated with a few token plants in USA.
I know I have a machine in each one which they sent to Japan copied and made the rest.....all the time telling us they would never do that.

We abandoned the made in USA and not for many years did the USA car people decide if USA buyers prefer overseas then why are we killing our selves to keep it here?

If you look to the retired states how many are on pensions or retired on USA companies as apposed to Foriegn companies (suppliers and the big 3 alike)?
  • How many Billions of tax dollars are paid by USA suppliers verses foriegn.
  • Our infastructure, schools and military rely on it.
  • USA engineers & companies create and foriegn only copy & tweak.
  • USA manufactures build from their own pockets.
  • Foreign are subsidised to beat us then take over then rape us for prices.
  • They recently did this to the steel industry 13 steel companies (the largest in the world are all gone since Clinton passed the mandated clean air act with no time nor help to build the systems).
  • We now have one.
  • Steel prices have risen 750% since then.Scrap steel yards now have 3 miles of trucks waiting to deliver scrap steel @ $360.00 per ton which we export to Mexico.
Think people! at what point will we have to pay 5X the income tax to pay for all those out of work? Or retired with no income? Or sitting in a nursing home with no-one to pay for good staffing? List how many Toyota facilities verses USA auto facilities after you pick yourself up off the floor then do the math based on 10 years ago.

Then realize for every 1 USA auto worker there are 10 working at suppiers and small companies from barber shops to realestate offices supporting them.
It is basic math. Send your dollars to a different country and demand service from those in your country. At some time the well runs dry LIKE NOW.

So if your desire is to own a foriegn car is so bad that you can say sorry to your starving neighbor but I wanted the KIA......then I guess you can also thank him and all those who worked and died for your freedom to do so.

Also if you do your research you will find when Toyota execs stayed at the White house (and China car execs a few months later on). That is when the US stopped investigations into Toyota recalls that never happened..........4 years later they all were arrested......barley made the news in the USA

Typical Asian Kia Hundia pay for auto worker is .27 cents per hour no bennies(Skilled trades) Korea

10 US autoworkers = 1000 Asian do you realy think an American can do the work of 100 Koreans???? We can be more productive but a 1000% more

Typical Mexican Auto worker 2.65 per hour no bennies

If the cars cost about the same as ours....then........how much profit are they rapeing us for?

Sorry for the long post and no I did not spell check or rant just the brutal facts we all need to search our minds and hearts before we buy.

One final note:As a employer in Michigan of 70 people (families to feed) I can tell you not a week goes by that someone doesn't say these words.

Tom, I have a brother/sister/cousin/good friend/neighbor that really needs a job bad. They have kids and are about to loose there home.......can you please help them?

Then they leave church in a new Honda Toyota Kia or what ever.......

And yes I own over 100 new Ford cars and trucks all loaded top of the line (bought not leased).

My Motorcycles are Harley's and Victory's and my 4 wheels are Polaris

Now I also have a partner of a high tech factory in Germany where we support them and have 17 BMW's, 1 SLK55AMG and 1 loaded to the MAX F-150 guess which one they rave about.....yep the Black F-150 super crew 4X4, tuned by Lidio of Alternative and stops a crowd where ever it goes.

Just how I feel,
Tom

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks TOM!
Not food for thought, but hopefully an action plan for all of us.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
I only drive Ford's, I own Ford stock, and will continue to believe in Ford Motor Company. I have not/will not give up.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thumbs UP!

My sentiment as well!
Great post! Thanks for taking the time to put it all together for us.
I am a happy FORD family....

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
My sentiment as well!
Great post! Thanks for taking the time to put it all together for us.
I am a happy FORD family....

No thank you needed, I Thank you for reading.:thumbsup

Tom

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Tom,

Excellent post very thought provoking and I agree. But, at the essence the policy of open boundaries was more like "Open borders". That mindset when combined with our income based tax system has sucked the marrow out of the arsenal of democracy. Our country has changed from a production based economy to a service based economy. Instead of constant multi generation based planning we implement within a few years. The Japanese art of Bonsai (tree guys not gutting) is something that I recently reinvested myself in. It teaches constant pruning with a long term strategic vision ... its a discipline that encourages aggressive thinking but patient, practical planning.

In order for American companies to compete on a global stage we have to be more protective of our own market and encourage American companies to service American clients from American resources. I work in an industry that just a few years ago was dominated by USA companies that developed the technology. Within the last five years more than 70% of those companies have been acquired by foreign companies that started as state-sponsored corporations. If you look back far enough on a historic timeline many of those companies where started or funded by Monroe Doctrine funding. :bored What makes it worse is those funds (loans) where never repaid as past administrations "forgave" the loans in the efforts to curtail the Red Menace.

The issues here are more than just "Buy American". Its political .. tell your congressmen, future president, mayor, etc. "Think America first, Act America first, Rebuild America FIRST...then help our neighbors around the world." If we stopped all foreign aid today how long do you think it would take until we where debt free as a nation? Google it. It will make your stomach turn. Change the rules of the game to be PRO-AMERICA! not pro global economy.

Its the lack of political will and the abundance of political greed that has crippled our country .. Look at the number of millionaires in Congress versus their net worth before getting there... that too will also shock you.
Servants! ... right. :bored When was the last time a congressman brought you a drink? :lol

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i own 3 ford trucks and 2 ford cars :usa

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
well.....hmmmmmmmmm.....

buying american means what these days?

My dodge was built in Mexico
My FGT was built in America
My Cobra was built in America
My BMW.......?? Germany?
My Toyota truck.... America?
My Boat... America w/a 351 in it!!!

But..... how many other (100's) of items that we use on a day to day basis are built here....?

Cell Phones
Pencils
Pens
Shoes
Clothing
Kitchen utensils
Bathroom utensils
High Chairs
Tools
Furniture
Computers
Rugs
Fans
watches
sunglasses

Guys!! Stop me or this list will go on forever

But the ultimate question doesn't revolve around the AUTO INDUSTRY... BUY AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE? C'mon..... BUY WHAT YOU LIKE when it comes to an amenity.... right?
But when it comes to necessity... BUY AMERICAN..... BUT WHAT NECESSITIES DOES AMERICA PRODUCE/BUILD HERE IN THE STATES?

Someone post an answer to that question and I will bend over backwards to buy it....

AMWAY products are suppose to be AMERICAN MADE... if so.... I'll sign up today and sell AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS to all of us here right now....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
But when it comes to necessity... BUY AMERICAN..... BUT WHAT NECESSITIES DOES AMERICA PRODUCE/BUILD HERE IN THE STATES?

Someone post an answer to that question and I will bend over backwards to buy it...

I will tell you the answer you seek.

Almost everyone wants one.

Many have one, some have two or more.

Most Americans that have two, or more have mostly US made models.

There is a glut of them on sale now for prices less than a 2 years ago!

You can help the US economy and buy one or more. You probably have one already.

Answer below...

Although the companies making them are US based, and the management is primarily run by US citizens, am pretty sure that most of the production labor is non-US though. It is still 100% American made, North American, that is.

A home!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I will tell you the answer you seek.

Answer below...

A home!

Yes!!! Agreed... but our homes are built with Nail guns and makitas and filled with Foreign merchandise.... I prefer Milwaukee but YES!!! A home.... I do know that most of us here are proactive... but I don't think the majority is.... More of a gut feeling.... not a factual statement.....

Heck.... if I thought manufacturing bricks was a profit making business.... I'd open one.... I don't need to make millions but "WE" do need to turn a profit... and if could provide AMERICA with a necessary product that was manufactured by Americans in AMERICA.... I'd do it..... who wouldn't.... being your own boss has its pros and cons.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Heck.... if I thought manufacturing bricks was a profit making business.... I'd open one.... I don't need to make millions but "WE" do need to turn a profit... and if could provide AMERICA with a necessary product that was manufactured by Americans in AMERICA.... I'd do it..... who wouldn't.... being your own boss has its pros and cons.....

The paving stones I used on my driveway were made in CA. The contractors mainly used DeWalt tools, the nails and screws were from Asia (yikes), most of my appliances are US made. Kitchen cabinets US made also.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
well.....hmmmmmmmmm.....

buying american means what these days?

My dodge was built in Mexico
My FGT was built in America
My Cobra was built in America
My BMW.......?? Germany?
My Toyota truck.... America?
My Boat... America w/a 351 in it!!!

But..... how many other (100's) of items that we use on a day to day basis are built here....?

Cell Phones
Pencils
Pens
Shoes
Clothing
Kitchen utensils
Bathroom utensils
High Chairs
Tools
Furniture
Computers
Rugs
Fans
watches
sunglasses

Guys!! Stop me or this list will go on forever

But the ultimate question doesn't revolve around the AUTO INDUSTRY... BUY AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE? C'mon..... BUY WHAT YOU LIKE when it comes to an amenity.... right?

Someone post an answer to that question and I will bend over backwards to buy it....

AMWAY products are suppose to be AMERICAN MADE... if so.... I'll sign up today and sell AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS to all of us here right now....

How about Diesel pu's?