Tungsten Silver ????

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
What do you think of the Tungsten Silver? There are currently 10 Tungsten cars on Ebay. I think the dealers felt this color was going to be in limited supply but it turns out it is not a limited color. I personally don't think much of this color it has the least "Presence" of all the GT's. If you want a deal on a GT wait a while and this color will be the easiest to see a huge discount on.

Birdman93

GT Ordered
Dec 17, 2005
Iowa
The 40th Anniversary Tungsten and Heritage Blue colors are limited to 250 of each-that is direct from Ford.

Just because there's a bunch on ebay doesn't mean that it isn't a limited color. If you check the 7 postings, you'll find that there are actually only four(4) Tungsten GTs listed-I checked the VINs.

I happen to like the Tungsten color because of the muted scheme-I'm the type of driver that likes to sneak up on a potential rival and then scare him so bad he has to run home to clean out his shorts! LOL

FYI-I now have my VIN and Production Date:thumbsup :

1FAFP90S86Y400249

January 20, 2006

Of course-it would have to be built on the day I'm selling my 14,000 original mile 1957 Thunderbird NASCAR F-code at the Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale:frown

Last edited:

Birdman93

GT Ordered
Dec 17, 2005
Iowa
All that memo says is that availability will not be constrained-means that any dealership can receive a Tungsten GT-if a dealer wants the Heritage Blue, they have to participate in a lottery.

Doesn't say that Tungsten is not a limited color-check the SVT website and it DEFINITELY says that Tungsten is a limited run.

Birdman93

GT Ordered
Dec 17, 2005
Iowa
Believe what you want to believe, mate-I chatted with my dealership and Dave Marchand before I submitted my answer-Availability not constrained means that any dealership can request that color.

Ask any dealership and they'll tell you the same thing.

But hey, what do I know-I've only had a close relationship with my dealer since 1975, when I bought my first ford.