Tsumai warning for Pacific Region

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
For all Forum members who are in the Pacific Ocean region and specifically Hawaii I hope all are and will be safe in the coming hours. Reports and pictures from the Japan earthquake and tsunami are shocking.

Magic

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
We're all moving to Sammy's palace on the hillside to ride out the storm. He's already heating up the coffee beans!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
800 Ft. above sea level in SanClemente, hope that's enough.

H

HHGT

Herb, if u need shelter let me know..You can have first dibs on the guest house... Plenty of room for the GT too...May be we can have it cleaned too....

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
You can have first dibs on the guest house... May be we can have it cleaned too....

What? You didn't notice I had already moved in? I've been here a week.

BTW - I brought some wax. Please have my car ready by this evening.:tap:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
According to CNN I may have beach front property here in Palm Springs!

Hoping that our GT friends in Hawaii are free from any damages.

Just heard that this quake was the largest anywhere since the early 1900's.

My heart goes out to all who are affected. God Speed everyone.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
My Mom and Dad were evacuated at 9:00pm HST (west side of the Big Island). Safe up the hill at our cousins house, keeping our fingers crossed.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Got home at about noon today - Haven't noticed anything up here at 8,050 feet....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I close friend has a home on the beach on the Big Inland, luckly the wave was only 3' high, if it was 6 his house would have been heavy damaged or worst.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I close friend has a home on the beach on the Big Inland, luckly the wave was only 3' high, if it was 6 his house would have been heavy damaged or worst.

Parents said the surge damaged the sea wall on Alii drive in Kailua/Kona. We had higher water during this past January's high surf, winter swell combo.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
My friend home is near the the Orchid Fairmont in Waikoloa. It was good that the waves were so small. I thought the tides would make a difference, but looking at the tide table it appears that they do not vary much on that day.

http://www.hawaiitides.com/Kona/MonthTides.asp

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
We're just north of the Fairmont in Puako. Very lucky that it wasn't a strong high tide. In January we had some really high tides occurring with a big winter swell. The waves then made it to our wall. The surge today only made it half way up the beach toward our wall. The beach public access down the street had water, sand and coral washed through on to the road, pretty much the only real evidence that it came through.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I'm on a bus. trip in Singapore this week and had made arrangement to spend 2-3 nights in Tokyo this coming weekend on my way home (SF). Now with the talks of nuclear plants damage on top of the already devastation, I'm scrambing to find a plane seat to SF without stopping in Tokyo.... First time to Singapore, I had no idea that there is no non-stop flight from our west coast to Singapore without stopping in either HK, Tokyo or Seoul! Can't believe it.

Sad to see all the devastation in Japan on TV.

GTED

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I'm on a bus. trip in Singapore this week and had made arrangement to spend 2-3 nights in Tokyo this coming weekend on my way home (SF). Now with the talks of nuclear plants damage on top of the already devastation, I'm scrambing to find a plane seat to SF without stopping in Tokyo.... First time to Singapore, I had no idea that there is no non-stop flight from our west coast to Singapore without stopping in either HK, Tokyo or Seoul! Can't believe it.

GTED

I hope you have safe and un-eventfull trip back to the US.

H

HHGT

GTED

Taiwan or Thailand is also an option

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Out of the woods.

Gentlemen,

Mixed up a stiff cocktail and kept a sharp eye out over the water for any approaching killer waves. From my back yard it appears we are going to miss the worst of it here in Scottsdale. Another cocktail is in order to celebrate!! :cheers

Chip

Attachments

• pool 2.jpg
    pool 2.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 52