Transportation tips -key fobs

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
FROM RALLY LOADING AND UNLOADING EXPERIENCE:
1. be sure to bring both key fobs. One you leave on the seat or console of your vehicle for load and unload with Reliable or your own trailer . The second you keep in your luggage/ pocket.
2. Identify your key fobs . They all look alike ! Typically for the return trip everyone puts their key fob in an envelope with name on it, it is best to put a return envelope mailing label ON the fob too. This really helps the “Loading Team” at the end of the rally to get all vehicles loaded for the return trip.

questions?
Just ask.
See everyone in 29 days!!
Andy Benedict (AJB)

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Related?

If you are transporting your car, don't forget to remove your EZPass or put it in it's foil pouch, or you will be merrily accumulating toll charges as Reliable chugs cross-country. ( Don't ask me how I know. )

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
There’s also a procedure for disabling the theft alarm. Otherwise it will be alarming due to the movement inside the trailer and can run down the battery.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
There’s also a procedure for disabling the theft alarm. Otherwise it will be alarming due to the movement inside the trailer and can run down the battery.
I have found that at a show if I pop my rear hatch then my perimeter alarm is disabled and while my windows are down for the spectators to view the inside and not setting off the alarm every time someone gets to close to the window area.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Blue tape with your name and screen name on the key works too. The second key also allows you to get into your car, before finding your key, which in years past is at the front desk of the hotel.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Excellent comments! Thanks!