*trailers*

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For those of you that will be bringing your own trailer, please do me a favor and let me know. The hotel wanted to send out a quick message with instructions for those that will be bringing a trailer on where to park it.

As you know, if you want, you can leave your trailer at Virginia International Raceway. For those of you coming from the north, east and midwest, it may make sense to do that. That's what AJB and I both plan on doing, as the track is only about ~60 miles from the hotel and it's not far out of the way from the major routes down. If you plan on doing that, it will add around an hour to your trip.

:party

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Coming from the NE, I was planning on leaving the trailer at VIR. But may bring to Raleigh when we are done at VIR, to streamline the exit on the last day.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I will be following what every You and Andy do.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
We'll be taking the trailer to the hotel if they are going to have something available.

Jeff

PS. I did finally get registered, so please let me know if it doesn't go through for some reason.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Jeff - Glad you are coming !

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
We're bringing the Freightliner and stacker trailer directly to VIR until the conclusion of the track days, then we'll move to the Umstead.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am planing on keeping my trailer at the hotels lot.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dave,
I plan on bringing my trailer to the hotel unless I can be convinced otherwise.
Thanks!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes - I plan to come to VIR and leave my trailer at VIR. Then Drive both the FGT and my FSeries to the hotel. I will drive GT, Margaret will drive the FSeries with suitcases etc.
We plan to arrive mid day on Sept 28th, unload trailer and then drive to hotel to check in ....and be there in time for the "Chip Beck Opening Night Party of Parties" with many of you...

I am listing these details in case anyone needs to put a suitcase in my F-series to have it transported to the Hotel. I will then do the same return trip to VIR with both vehicles on October 2nd after we check out...let me know if I can be of assistance.
andy (AJB)

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Jeff - Glad you are coming !

Mitchell, with this being our second rally, we now know what to expect and are definitely getting excited about the trip.
Looking forward to seeing all the friends we made last year and hoping to meet some new.
I think I still owe you a couple drinks.:cheers

Jeff

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I'm pulling my trailer with the GT.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I will be bring my trailer to the hotel so please forward me the instructions.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey DBK, any instructions for trailer parking at the Ulmstead yet??

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yup, just about to post the map. The Umstead hotel is on the SAS corporate campus, and trailers will be parked in the parking lot of "Building U". Map to come in 5 minutes...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Okay, here is the map for trailer parking:

trailerparking.jpg

Here are the instructions for dropping off your trailer in this lot:

"The guests can tell SAS Security they are with The Umstead Ford Group and will be parking their trailer in Lot “U”. If it is past 5pm, they will need to push the call button at the Guard station where the gates come down. Please advise them to park to the immediate left when entering lot “U”. SAS Security will be aware of their accommodations for parking."

You are free to unload your Ford GT directly in the front entrance of the Umstead. There are two different entrances in the front of the building that look just like this:

Exterior.jpg

I spoke with the valets and you are free to unload your car there.

Attachments

• trailers.jpg
    trailers.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 123

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Forgot to mention, if you need a ride back to the hotel after dropping off your trailer, call 919.447.4025 and the hotel will have a complimentary shuttle available.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - based on your UmsteadHotel info and the parking available at the Umstead , I will plan now to park the trailer at the Umstead Hotel Parking lot rather than at VIR.
Please add me to the list of trailers parking at the Hotel lot.
Thank you

andy (AJB)

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
Hey Dave I would like to park at the trailer site as well

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So, just to keep a general tab so they are prepared, we have:

• DBK
  • AJB
  • The Grey Ghost
  • pe2unia
  • dbtgt
  • Beach-GT
  • BigInch Blake
  • KDO GT
  • Cobra
  • FlorIdaho Chris

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Add me to the list for thursday and friday nights in Raleigh. As I have spare tires, nitrogen, tools, etc, I want my trailer at the track, easier than the "air pig" tire guage, helmet, gear in the passenger seat, like going to TWS from Austin.....