Traffic Ticket Advice in Colorado

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I have a young friend, Capt in US Special Forces, who was testing a BMW235 and got two tickets: speeding and reckless driving (might be careless). New to CO and does not spend much time there due to training and deployments, so he is looking for a good attorney in Colorado Springs area, or any other "mature" advice on how to proceed (I guess that is why he called me). He thought that there might be some posts on our Forum giving good advice but I informed him that sadly we were all good, careful and law abiding drivers so I could not find any.

So, if anyone can offer anything in that regard, please post and I will pass it on to him. The only advice I could give him was that he should be waiting for the new GT350 instead of testing a Beemer.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Defensive driving in Colorado? In TX the ticket is dismissed. If you are caught going 25 over you have to get a judge to approve it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did he say if it was a state patrol or local jurisdiction that issued the tickets? Tickets in CO are a source of revenue, so the best that will happen is plea down, but a fine and points are assured.