Track Day at High Plains Raceway

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Was invited to an afternoon track session at the subject track by Jim (another forum member). Was a blast getting passed!:biggrin

Would make for a great track location for a Rally... just an hour east of Denver.. hint hint.

Great track, lots of elevation changes and no close walls. Wide in all areas and the surface is pristine. But.....

The track days I've been to, including the VIR rally, were almost entirely composed of street legal cars. Both Jim and I selected the "fast" class on the online registration. That was a mistake. On the first round we found ourselves surrounded by purpose built race cars. :bs Like getting passed by the Matech GT at VIR, we were just in the way.

We survived and swapped to the "slow" class and it was awesome! :thumbsup $100 for half a day, not bad.

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

HPR.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I've been wanting to try that track.

Not too far for us.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Fun times for sure Steve (but had I known you got upside down out there I would have stopped to lend a hand)!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Never got out there but knew some guys that ran a boss302 and tiger almost every weekend.

I lobbied for a rally there before.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Fun times for sure Steve (but had I known you got upside down out there I would have stopped to lend a hand)!

Yep, I'm flying through the air. This is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZP-WlfB1RA

I've posted that particular pic right side up, upside down, and sideways in the preview. Always shows up here that way. :confused

Makes me notice my crinkly weather stripping.

I may have been outmatched in the twisties in both talent and grip, but I owned the straight away. Damn this 11 yr old car is fast! :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I've posted that particular pic right side up, upside down, and sideways in the preview. Always shows up here that way. :confused

I've gotten to the point when that happens to bring it on-screen, take a screen snapshot of it, save as a xxx-2.jpg, and upload the snapshot....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've gotten to the point when that happens to bring it on-screen, take a screen snapshot of it, save as a xxx-2.jpg, and upload the snapshot....

The problem is that when you turn the picture you're just changing the orientation in the metadata, and forums ignore metadata. I turn my photos on Windows using their photo viewer. Windows Live PhotoGallery has a rotation button on the bottom. You can also do it in Photoshop and "save as".