Top gear Veyron, Vs McLaren F1

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Pretty amazing driving by the F1, as no traction control RWD beats the Veyron with traction / launch control and all wheel drive off the line.

Pretty entertaining:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/29/video-the-superest-of-supercar-shootouts-bugatti-veyron-vs-mc/

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Thanks for posting it. That launch by the Mclaren just goes to show you that a driver that knows what he is doing will trump the "electronic nannies" every day of the week.

Still an amazing performance by the F1 considering how old it is......and it is still quite the looker. :thumbsup I'll take an F1 over a Veyron every day of the week.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
IMO, I don't believe for a second that the Macca could get a jump on the Veyron anywhere near that without it purposely designed that the Veyron wasn't being launched hard (which is FAR more violent then that!) It's a dramatic piece of footage to make it more dramatic and "close" than it would really be given both are launching hard.

That said, the owner of the car may have told TG not to launch hard, or launch with wheelspin; as at that point, Bugatti will void the warranty on the rubber.

It's all a numbers game really... the Veyron's best wheelspin 0-60 sprint is 2.4x seconds; whereas the McLaren is 3.1. And it only expounds from there.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I see an empty 3rd lane.

Too bad there wasn't a TT GT in it, would have been more interesting :lol

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
What about the Ultimate Aero TT?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A friend and I took an F40 and the GT down to a friends house in France - the F40 made a wonderful noise going through the tunnels!

A fabulous car and great to run with one at high speed. As you can see, we put a table with some fine wine near them to observe the lines!

Picture018copy.jpg

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
^ that picture is just WOW

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Forget the cars in the photo - I'll take the little house. Great photo.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Amazing photo!!! how did you not resist doing doughnuts in the drive?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Top Gear show link where you can watch full episodes.

http://hessmo.com/Hessmo/TG_Season_13.html

Nice place ..... Europe has some truly beautiful places. Notice the rake marks in the gravel. Try to do that here and all you get is weeds and a HUGE bill for Round Up.:lol

H

HHGT

Was that gravel? and Who took the photo?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
what an awesome photo Neilda. every detail in that photo is just incredible

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Can I come over and play?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Forget the cars in the photo - I'll take the little house. Great photo.

Eeeeeeh...why would you wanna downsize? :rofl:rofl:rofl

'GREAT shot by whomever took it!!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Was that gravel? and Who took the photo?

Yes it's a gravel driveway as you can see here - and the photo was taken from the main house - seen (in part) in the background of this shot.

A group of us took our toys, Astons, Ferraris and my GT down to see Denis who owns this wonderful Château..

L1002457copy.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Neil,
Can I vist when I go to the U.K.???!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Anyone here is most welcome to visit.

If any of you plan to see the beaches at Normandy any time, I can put you in touch with Denis (la Compte de Kergolay) who is an old friend and would welcome any car enthusiasts to stay.