Tire Purchase

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Who has bought new street tires in the last month or so? What sizes, brand, and price did find that would work?

Thanks

Mike

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I had the Bridgestones installed last week - ran me $1,496 out the door. I feel like I have 100 more HP by getting rid of those nasty GY's.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
The Bridgestone tires are a huge improvement over the stock GY. You will feel a "seat of the pants difference" in ride quality and noise immediately and grip once you push them a little.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
And boy are they sweet on the track!

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Are the bridgestones the same sizes as the OEM? Also, are they potenzas all the way around or what is the name of the Bridgestone tire?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Are the bridgestones the same sizes as the OEM? Also, are they potenzas all the way around or what is the name of the Bridgestone tire?

Oh boy. Good thing Indy hasn't seen this thread yet. Sinovac was kind enough to provide you with the comprehensive thread on tires for the GT. But here's the info so as not to let this drag on any further.

265/40ZR-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1(Porsche) XL

345/35R-19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Oh boy. Good thing Indy hasn't seen this thread yet. Sinovac was kind enough to provide you with the comprehensive thread on tires for the GT. But here's the info so as not to let this drag on any further.

265/40ZR-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1(Porsche) XL

345/35R-19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia

you are worried about what Indy would have said?

I wished FJPIKUL saw this thread.... his answer would have been:

"Use The Search Function Dumb A$$"

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Or more politely, "Search can be your friend".

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Oh boy. Good thing Indy hasn't seen this thread yet....

"Search can be your friend".

View attachment 36023

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I will take the dumb @ss and all the ribbing. For some reason I thought the N1 tire was discontinued. I got what I needed although it stung a bit. LOL Thanks you guys.

Mike

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Bottom line. With stock wheels, and wanting to maintain same diameter, your choices are OEM GYs, the Bridgestones, Hoosiers. That is all. Should make your choice easy.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I bought the Bridgestones the others have described from Tire Rack and had them installed locally a couple weeks ago. $1516 for the tires, and another $160 for installation, but I paid more to have them "road force balanced" which gives a smoother ride, IMO. The Bridgestones are a definite improvement over the GYs, but the GYs on my car were 9 years old, so that's not a direct comparison.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I had the Bridgestones installed last week - ran me $1,496 out the door. I feel like I have 100 more HP by getting rid of those nasty GY's.

$1496 out the door sounds like a very good deal, given my recent almost $1700 total price. Where did you buy them? TIA

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When Kendall first posted about the Bridgestones years ago, I went to the local Birdgestone dealer. What a waste of time. They had no idea what I was talking about, told these kind of tires didn't exist or they couldn't get them blah blah blah. Tire Rack is the way to go.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

:facepalm:

late to the party but encouraged that others campion the search function as well.