Tiny oil spots on the rear windshield

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California
Has anyone experienced small oil drops on the rear windshield? Source? Solution?
Thanks in advance.
GT Bill

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Has anyone experienced small oil drops on the rear windshield? Source? Solution?
Thanks in advance.
GT Bill
Wipe your finger under blower pully by the snout, where seal would be. It's happened before.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wipe your finger under blower pully by the snout, where seal would be. It's happened before.

Look for pooling of oil in the ribs below the snout.

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California

GT@50 and Tony,

Thanks guys - BIG HELP! I have been concentrating on the seeping transaxle vent.

Bill

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
GT@50 and Tony,

Thanks guys - BIG HELP! I have been concentrating on the seeping transaxle vent.

Bill
Seeping trans vent. Ford added a washer under fitting to possibly help. Make sure it's not overfilled. Get a trans cooler.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Also check the main oil hose that connects to the top of the oil tank. We've seen these seep enough for oil to run down and once it's in the area of the belts it can go anywhere.

Reactions: viva gt

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I had a little pooling on the ribs on the inboard end (cockpit end ) of the supercharger once that splattered on the inside of the glass. Wiped it off and never saw it again.

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California
Also check the main oil hose that connects to the top of the oil tank. We've seen these seep enough for oil to run down and once it's in the area of the belts it can go anywhere.
Dave,

Thank you!

Bill

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California
I had a little pooling on the ribs on the inboard end (cockpit end ) of the supercharger once that splattered on the inside of the glass. Wiped it off and never saw it again.
Thank you!