Tinted carbon fiber

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
I saw a pic of some carbon fiber (looked like maybe the spoiler) that was tinted green. I don't know if it was on the forum or the web. If you see it, shoot me a link. Thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Pagani and bespoke McLarens come to mind, as 2 companies that use it a lot. Im sure others will chime in.

Nothing that I know of that has been done to a NGT. Maybe "photoshop"?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I saw a pic of some carbon fiber (looked like maybe the spoiler) that was tinted green. I don't know if it was on the forum or the web. If you see it, shoot me a link. Thanks
0870A2C9-DC82-48CE-B8AE-3E7DEE1FA6BB.jpeg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That's cool. Bony would've loved it. He was CF crazy!

Ed

Reactions: 93extxdps

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
You can not tint carbon.. Anytime you see color it is either Kevlar or fiberglass that is colored that is mixed in with the carbon.

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Tinted CF is usually made by adding some tint in the clear coat. One other sort of "tinted" carbon I might think is when manufacturers add some colored strand into the CF wave, but I don't what is the material used for the tinted strands...

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
I guess my question is, for those that got a completely carbon fiber car, since most of us put a protective film on it, what it the film had a red or green tint to it? Wouldn't that give the same effect? Not a dark film, but a semi transparent with a little color. I am not an expert, just curious because I liked the pic above and thought a little color to the all carbon fiber would be cool.