Time between configuring the Ford Gt and car delivery

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
I am accepted for a new Ford GT
Car to be configured between March and July 2021
What is the time between configuration and car delivery?
Your thoughts and experience on the subject are welcome

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I was first contacted ~ October 27, confirmed what I wanted that day, locked the next. My deposit was paid by Nov 1. VIN assigned within the next few weeks. Build began Jan 15, toured MM on Jan 27. Car was Delivered to me on March 2. So about 4 months for me on a standard color car. I think this would be the most optimistic timeline. ECP cars could extend the time by a couple of months. Knowing what I wanted and optioning it on the first call saved a couple of weeks too.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
A little under 4 months from deposit date until delivery for us for standard color. Color choice was huge decision. Clock starts ticking when Deposit is made.
ECP does add time during ordering process.

Reactions: Roadtrip

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Does the purchase time vary depending on editions? Standard vs Heritage vs Competition, or do they all take roughly the same amount of time?

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Initial contact early March 2019. Downpayment on Heritage car early April. Tour of factory Sept 10. Delivery October 12.

Reactions: Roadtrip

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Thank you all for your prompt answers

Reactions: Ed Sims

raisins

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
For us, we received initial contact early 2019, with a delivery date of Jan-July 2022. Then were chosen in February for the liquid carbon edition and were told that our timeframe will be delayed due to the special edition. I believe it varies on what you're getting.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Congratulations on your acceptance - whatever you decide on colors, you will be getting an awesome car!

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
How much time is ECP adding to the build?

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I received my initial call for my 2020 Carbon Series allocation in early June, reviewed my ECP samples by mid June, paid the deposit just before June 20, received my VIN by early July and my build window is late August with delivery in late Sept/early Oct. Now just anxiously waiting . . .