Tim Cantwell - Feb 12 Track Day is Officially Launched

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Everything is set, registration forms went out, there's time to still get in on the fun. And the event has a name now, "Stig's Day Out".

I know some of you missed the original post somehow. I was with Les Davidson (Of Just Cruizin' Productions) at Barrett-Jackson last night. He did not know about the Feb 12th track event and wanted to come. So if you missed the orignal post somehow (Found at http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17352)
You can get updated on "what", "where" and "when" by visiting the event's website: www.stigsdayout.com. (Thanks to AZSTAD and Joyride). It has all the info on the event weekend including maps, registration info, and hotel and dining information. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Thanks for the update Tim :thumbsup

Very nice dedicated "Stig" site!!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
...21 DAYS AND COUNTING. Looking forward to it.

All - I just want to say that one very attractive thing about this event, other than the good company, new track and VEGAS, is that intermediate drivers and above have the ability to have passengers with you on the track. That is a rarity on track events. My wife is strongly considering coming for that almost, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Can't wait!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm trying to find a flight out. This will be the first time I've been in Vegas since December 08. I'm almost recovered.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Vegas Baby!

Outstanding Dave, we'll see you there.

Chip

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm trying to find a flight out. This will be the first time I've been in Vegas since December 08. I'm almost recovered.

Hope you can make it!!!!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE for booking into our "room block" with the good rates at THE PALMS PLACE!

See this page on how to book your room:
http://joyride.com/events/stigsdayout/?page_id=7

There are still a few rooms left. So if you're going - don't miss this or you'll pay several hundred dollars more for the same exact room.

See you there.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
First of all Tim's name needs to be removed and replaced by Stig on the forum.

Hey Stig how about an event in TX? We haven't had one since OCT. I would definately be in if it was closer. Your padewan learner, Chris.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Book 'em Danno!!!

Hotel booked!!!! Registration faxed! Paypal payment to Tim sent! I've already got my helmet on!! I'm upping my Snell rating, whatever that is, so up yours!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Chip

Last edited:

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Registrations are coming in fast. If you plan to attend, please let me know. Don't worry about last-minute decisions, we can work you in. My only concern is that you make your dinner reservations with me for Thursday and Friday nights, as I have to sign a contract and we have limited space. So if you haven't gotten your registration to me yet, at least send me a PM with your intentions for dinner for either (or both) nights. See you all soon!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Time's a Wasting!

Many of you have sent your registrations in. Thanks! I know that there are many others who will be there but have procrastinated in getting the registrations faxed or e-mailed to me. If you lost the registration forms, go to www.stigsdayout.com and you can download the forms and get all the agenda information.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
List please.

Tim,

Would you post a list members who have sent everything required so we know you got all our stuff. It's also nice to see who's coming.

Thanks.

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Chipper, I think the list is at the beginning of this thread. If it's not this thread, then it's the other thread about this event.

Look for First Annual Tim Cantwell Track Day. List is at the beginning of the thread. Maybe combine the threads?

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
List

Thanks Frank. I pulled the list below from the other thread but it has not been edited since November. Hopefully Tim can bring it current when he has time.

Chip

Here's who is coming from the Ford GT Forum so far... (As of 11/26/09)

TimCantwell
Garrett Cantwell
PL510*Jeff
TeamJeff
ChipBeck
AZSTAD
HeritageBruce
GTX1-007
MDT
MarkMcGowan
GT Tech
Apollo
Fyr-ftrGT
JBG
fjpikul
IndyGT
Gordn Wolf
sdana

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Updated list

The list hasn't varied much since the last post. A couple cannot make it, while some others who originally couldn't make it will be there.

Here are the confirmed FGT people either by registration or confirmed reservations:

TimCantwell(plus son Garrett)
PL510*Jeff
TeamJeff
GT38
ChipBeck
AZSTAD
sdana
MDT
MarkMcGowan
GT Tech
Apollo
Fyr-ftrGT
IndyGT
fjpkul
Ralphie
GordonWolf
DBACKG (Maybe)

In addition to these, we have about 15 other friends of Switchcars and members of Spring Mountain whom we know well. In all we have about 30 people at the Thursday dinner, and 40+ for Friday dinner. I expect a few more who will come in at the last minute. We will have a T.V. crew on hand to document the event for an online T.V. program, and some photographers also on hand to document our "fun"!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I wish I could go !!
Have fun and enjoy the ride !!!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I wish I could go !!
Have fun and enjoy the ride !!!

We'll miss you. I'll post links to the video coverage once it is produced.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Welcome packets our out today

For those who have registered for our track day and driving event later this week in Nevada, I have sent you a welcome packet, so watch your e-mail in-box today. I have included some vital information so you will be able to get to each venue at the right place and right time! See you soon!:banana