dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hopefully you can post this on some other site you frequent:

Avenging Angel said:
In light of Cindy Sheehan's protest, I share this thought with you...

I would not want any of my family members to dishonor my service by protesting against the war. I would not want my name on road-side planted crosses for Liberals (who do not know the meaning of sacrifice) to use it as a tool to help further their political agenda.

I volunteered in the US military on my own.
I volunteered to go Airborne on my own.
I volunteered to join Special Forces on my own.
I volunteered for my second combat tour in Iraq.

No one is forcing me to do anything against my will. President Bush did not force me to do anything. If I die in combat, he is not responsible for my death. The enemy is.

WMD's were found in Iraq & Afghanistan. They are Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Uday Hussein, Qusay Hussein & the rest of the Insurgency. They are the weapons that have destroyed hundreds of thousands of lives.

I once again wait by the eve of another battle with a lot of Anticipation, Excitement, Confidence & a little bit of Fear. Yes, Fear. For those that do not feel fear are not truly brave. I once read that being brave is not about not being fearless, but rather having the intestinal fortitude to move forward & pass those fears to accomplish your mission.

We all will meet the Grim Reaper one day. I would much rather meet him in battle with Honor, fighting not only for this country, but for innocent people around the world who cannot fight for themselves. Those Who Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword. I have chosen the path of the sword & if the sword shall take my life, so be it. I am at peace with that, but the Reaper will have to take me on the battlefield standing with my weapon in my hand, not laying my on back on some deathbed.

For me, it has nothing to do with Presidents or their Politics. It is about the things that my father taught me: Honor, Courage, Integrity & the men around me who share these values. It seems as though these values are foreign to some Liberals as they are more concerned with seeing how far they can exercise their freedoms, just for the sake of having that right to do so. In some ways, I respect my enemy more than those that protest this war. At least they are willing to fight & die for their cause.

What would you fight for? What would you die for?

There is more to being an American than being born in the United States of America. I wasn’t born here, but ever since kindergarten, I have pledged my allegiance to the United States of America, One nation under God. America is where I call my home & where I will defend her until the bitter end. As an American & as a Soldier, I stand behind our President. Regardless of whether or not you believe in him, stand behind him & his actions. He is our Commander in Chief. Show the world & especially show our enemies that we are One Nation, Undivided.

Remember that we did not start this war, they did. Remember our brothers & sisters who fell on September 11th. Do not think that just because you didn’t have family members or friends that died on that day, that they will always be safe. Do not think that just because you haven’t been attacked, doesn’t mean that you won’t be attacked tomorrow. We go in harm’s way to see that you may never have to experience these things. Do not sleep under the Blanket of Security that we have provided & judge us on the method in which we provide it. Though I do not agree with the actions at Abu Ghraib Prison, I can assure you with most certainty that it is a far cry from having your head hacked off with a knife. Don’t take your freedoms for granted. If you do not support the war, you do not support us. That’s the only way we see it.

SPC Nick B. Tran
2 Battalion / 20th Special Forces Group
U.S. Army

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Damn straight! I'll post it around as well.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I couldn't find enough places to post it. :thumbsup