Thigs are Tough All Over

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Things are Tough All Over

Charlie, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.

"Charlie, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job, but your being late so often is quite bothersome.

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's odd though your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say if you came in late there?"

"They said, 'Good morning, Admiral. Can I get you coffee, sir?'"

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...truer word were never spoken.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
One of your very best Ralphie!

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I have found that one had always better be respectful of "older" people. You never know where there people have been and how they may have contributed to your life!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The was Great in Joke and Truth in life.... Nice lesson Ralphie, thanks !!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This one remids me of the one about the old American soldier who was getting hassled by authorities at the Paris Airport because he'd misplaced his passport (or something) and he therefore was "holding up the prade" a bit. That prompted a particularly arrogant customs official to snidely inquire as to whether he'd ever been thru Paris before, to which the old soldier replied, "Yeah, once back in 1944...but nobody bothered to ask me for my papers back then."

:usa:usa:usa