These "new" gauges on ebay look odd

Ebay has a listing for a full set of (claimed) new gauges, but they look odd. The indicator needles are in the wrong places. I'm surprised no one has posted about these - the price is spectacularly good, but only if they work! See eBay item number: 302077386457
2005 2006 FORD GT GT40 NOS SET ALL 7 GAUGES NEVER USED

What do you think? :confused

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Doesn't look like they have been stored properly.
Not worth taking a chance.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Not really a good deal at all. You can buy V2 gauges from autometer for $249 ea x 5 = $1250. This is a big ask is what looks like crappy-condition speedo and tach....

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Please learn from my mistake...

I bought a set of used gauges from a Forum member who swore "they worked when I took them out"... Don't believe it...

If seller won't guarantee, in writing, they all work, pass on them at any price and buy from some of the more reputable / approved vendors available on this site.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
These gauges are a set as they were shipped for assembly in the cluster so they've been around for awhile. I made the guy an offer but he's pretty proud of them. the needle positions are not necessarily an indication of a bad gauge. a lot of new ones don't come in the box sitting at zero but work fine. we have always guaranteed every gauge that's ever gone out of here but at the same time we scan the bar code on the back of every gauge that goes out of here as well due to an unscrupulous owner in the early days that sent back a different gauge than the one he purchased. (P.S. no one on this site)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Correct, the neddles not being at zero means nothing. Trust me, I have had more experience with bad gauges than any other single person on this site, guaranteed!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Please learn from my mistake...

I bought a set of used gauges from a Forum member who swore "they worked when I took them out"... Don't believe it...

But the reality is that I think you CAN believe them... it just doesn't mean that much. The leading speculation on gauge failures has to do with microscopic corrosion with the delicate components within the movement. This speculated cause can continue to impact the gauges in or out of the car. I can definitely see the strong potential for good gauges to go bad.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
But the reality is that I think you CAN believe them... it just doesn't mean that much. The leading speculation on gauge failures has to do with microscopic corrosion with the delicate components within the movement. This speculated cause can continue to impact the gauges in or out of the car. I can definitely see the strong potential for good gauges to go bad.

Fair enough... But as a buyer, I don't want gauges that have gone bad while they sat on some other GT owners shelf... If they go bad AFTER I buy them, no question, that's on me...

If seller won't stand behind them, don't buy them... Too many other class-acts like Scott or Shelby...

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Fair enough... But as a buyer, I don't want gauges that have gone bad while they sat on some other GT owners shelf...

Gotcha. For sure. I'm just saying that 99% of sellers may not understand at all that good gauges can go bad and, as such, there may not have been any misrepresentation.... just bad luck.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Then why sell "as is?" Calling BS on this. You'd have to be daft to buy these with no assurance that they work or return policy.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Does that mean you are buying them??

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
^^^ Then why sell "as is?" Calling BS on this. You'd have to be daft to buy these with no assurance that they work or return policy.
but Gary-wait! it's the box man, it's the box! it's so cool! lol !!!! ( I know, I know- you can make a lot of boxes for that price!)