The world is a better place, after a nice foam bath...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My mobile detailer had been mentioning a new foam gun that he bought from Europe. Curiousity got the best of me and I had to try it out. Fun stuff!

PRO1.jpg

PRO2.jpg

PRO3.jpg

PRO4.jpg

PRO5.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looks great. Dare I ask what he charges for regular service?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
White GT

Syco - the Bonymeister must be a bit jealous.

He paid big $$$$ for his white GT.

And you created one for less than $100. Good Job.:bow

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Randy changed his GT from Darth Vader to Snow White in a few minutes. He may soon put Jason out of business.

H

HHGT

Randy, are you using soft water? If not, any mineral deposits in areas you do not see or reach?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks great. Dare I ask what he charges for regular service?

He's mobile, but based in Southern California. I think prices are listed on his website, variety of different services.

His name is Mike.

www.promobileautodetail.com

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Randy, are you using soft water? If not, any mineral deposits in areas you do not see or reach?

When I wash the car myself, I have a filtration device, similar to the Griot's Garage canister system.

Mike uses his own large portable water source, and his water is de-ionized also.

But Sam, if I can't see the areas, how would I know if there are mineral deposits there? :wink

All kidding aside, I do my best to use quality water that has been treated to remove minerals. Only the best for my baby...:thumbsup

I have a large air compressor to blow out water from any areas that might be hard to hand dry.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Randy, seems very fair and reasonable.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In the fifth picture the small white dust is what happens to a black car in 12 hours.

Mike washed the GT in the early morning, I was gone all day, and when I returned, the dust had already fallen onto the car by night, when I finally had a chance to shoot the inside garage photos.

As you can see, the finish is almost as reflective as glass.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Randy, seems very fair and reasonable.

He works hard and is always prompt. I don't think he even takes breaks.

I like to do stuff myself, even went to the full day detailing class. But I'm still too paranoid to use a power buffer (porter cable) on the GT.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
:banana:banana

Sam when you have fit & finish you do not have to worry about mineral deposits!

H

HHGT

:banana:banana

Sam when you have fit & finish you do not have to worry about mineral deposits!

Jim, the longer I know you the more Mineral Spirits I consume.

BTW, Randy & Jim, I drove by the Cadillac dealer last night and noticed they had 3 trade-ins sitting in the corner unwashed and unloved. They were all BMWs, a 3 series, 5, series and a hideous X5 which I think has the highest cost of maintenance ever recorded for a vehicle.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
Jim, the longer I know you the more Mineral Spirits I consume.

BTW, Randy & Jim, I drove by the Cadillac dealer last night and noticed they had 3 trade-ins sitting in the corner unwashed and unloved. They were all BMWs, a 3 series, 5, series and a hideous X5 which I think has the highest cost of maintenance ever recorded for a vehicle.

It's funny you mention that because I too drove past my favorite GM dealership today. I was truly shocked by the "Out of Business" sign. Maybe if they had three BMW's for sale they would still be in business as well:frown:frown:frown

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
and a hideous X5 which I think has the highest cost of maintenance ever recorded for a vehicle.

Seeing as BMW includes all scheduled maintenance for 3 years with the purchase or lease of any BMW, then maintenance cost for ANY BMW is effectively zero.

In summary, BMW's effectively have the lowest maintenance costs of any vehicle for the first three years. I find it difficult to believe that any of their vehicles could have the highest maintance costs, given that consideration.

Can you please post your "highest recorded cost ever" source of information?

:banana

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
BTW, Randy & Jim, I drove by the Cadillac dealer last night and noticed they had 3 trade-ins sitting in the corner unwashed and unloved.

They decided to hide the BMW's in the back corner, since if a potential customer saw them, unwashed and dirty, they would still look more attractive and enticing than the brand new heavily rebated GM products overflowing on the lot.

Smart lot management and merchandising is what it was. :wink

*Disclaimer: I have no love for BMW and no hatred for GM, just trying to respond to Sam's observations, in friendly banter.

H

HHGT

Seeing as BMW includes all scheduled maintenance for 3 years with the purchase or lease of any BMW, then maintenance cost for ANY BMW is effectively zero.

In summary, BMW's effectively have the lowest maintenance costs of any vehicle for the first three years. I find it difficult to believe that any of their vehicles could have the highest maintance costs, given that consideration.

Can you please post your "highest recorded cost ever" source of information?

:banana

On the contrary Randy, every BMW owner i know, including my brother who buys nothing but Bmers, have drunk the coolaid. The costs you refer to, have been factored into the cost and do not reflect the Actual Cost Of Ownership.

The X5 comment was from a magazine that I now must go research. In the interim, read the following...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...view/what-that-car-really-costs-to-own-ov.htm

For the record, I am not in love with any brand, I like any car that does something for me and will call a spade a spade. Modern BMWs are overated. My brother just purchased a 2009 BMW 3 convertible. The driver seat head rest assembly is crooked. I can take a picture and post it. His 2003 BMW 5 series lost its fender well lining while driving - less than 5000 miles on the clock. Numerous alternators, starters, AC condenser, fuel injectors etc. etc. Mu neighbor bought a 7 series and drove it for one year and traded it for an S class - he hated the transmission. That must be Jim's definition of fit and finish.. I'm done ranting...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I thought is was 4 years now.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
For the record, I am not in love with any brand, I like any car that does something for me and will call a spade a spade. Modern BMWs are overated. My brother just purchased a 2009 BMW 3 convertible. The driver seat head rest assembly is crooked. I can take a picture and post it. His 2003 BMW 5 series lost its fender well lining while driving - less than 5000 miles on the clock. Numerous alternators, starters, AC condenser, fuel injectors etc. etc. Mu neighbor bought a 7 series and drove it for one year and traded it for an S class - he hated the transmission. That must be Jim's definition of fit and finish.. I'm done ranting...

Sam...You are brewing your own cool aid! I would provide you an article on a Chevy Geo but no body would right one! You had a smile on your face when you drove both of my BMW's. Come clean and admit you liked them both. Remember, that new Cadillac you want was built to try and compete with the M5. Don't cheat yourself and buy the real thing. That way you wont have to get rid of it in 3 years when the warranty expires like you do with all your other GM vehicles.:eek

H

HHGT

Sam...You are brewing your own cool aid! I would provide you an article on a Chevy Geo but no body would right one! You had a smile on your face when you drove both of my BMW's. Come clean and admit you liked them both. Remember, that new Cadillac you want was built to try and compete with the M5. Don't cheat yourself and buy the real thing. That way you wont have to get rid of it in 3 years when the warranty expires like you do with all your other GM vehicles.:eek

Jimmy, all I can think of now is that steak dinner you will owe me pretty soon :biggrin

On that topic, would you like to take on another bet? How about the fact that GM offers a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty? Another steak dinner? This time in Vegas at Bouchards!!!

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
On that topic, would you like to take on another bet? How about the fact that GM offers a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty? Another steak dinner? This time in Vegas at Bouchards!!!

Come On Smiley...You know that warranty is limited to the power train only. When your doors are rattling at 3 years and one day you are on your own. I like my steak medium rare!:biggrin