The Rumors keep rolling in!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
If this is just all rumor there'll be plenty of egg on face to go around, however my gut tells me it's happening. At this point my only question is, MK IV red or MK II black? :lol

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...-return-set-debut-2016-detroit-auto-show.html

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/10/03/ford-gt-successor-and-le-mans-comeback-planned-for-2016/

http://news.boldride.com/2014/10/is-the-ford-gt-making-a-comeback/58725/

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I read it on the Internet, so it must be true!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Rumors? Maybe so... But I have my room booked for the 15 - 22 Jan in Detroit...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If this is just all rumor there'll be plenty of egg on face to go around...

Didn't Ford say a number of years ago that there wouldn't be another FGT?

I seem to recall that little factoid being repeated any number of times around here.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Don't confuse the Ford GT with a vehicle that could (on its own) compete in the GT class. They might not be the same. Still I assert if Ford were going to make a serious run at a 50th anniversary 3-peat then we'd have seen something somewhere by now.

Today somewhere else I saw a version of this that there will be a show vehicle in Detroit in 2016. THAT IS FEASIBLE. A car on the track in LeMans in 2016 means they are running cars with Klingon invisibility cloaks somewhere.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
They built the original GT from concept to finish in just under a year IIRC...

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Don't confuse the Ford GT with a vehicle that could (on its own) compete in the GT class. They might not be the same. Still I assert if Ford were going to make a serious run at a 50th anniversary 3-peat then we'd have seen something somewhere by now.

Today somewhere else I saw a version of this that there will be a show vehicle in Detroit in 2016. THAT IS FEASIBLE. A car on the track in LeMans in 2016 means they are running cars with Klingon invisibility cloaks somewhere.

The LeMans entry and the GT successor might be two different cars altogether. If Ford intends to enter a car in a prototype class, you wouldn't necessarily see anything running around now. There are no mininum production requirements in prototype. It seems logical that Ford will enter a variant of the Riley-Daytona Ecoboost at LeMans and perhaps announce the GT successor at the same time. LeMans is the next logical step for Ecoboost.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
If this is just all rumor ..................]

Quit spreading rumors and creating false hopes! I know your GAME buddy boy. You're just trying to prop up GT prices until you can unload yours before prices hit $55K as all the EXPERTS predicted back in '05/'06. Shame on you!:ack

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just an FYI, watching the Petit Le Mans broadcast on two windows right now, and with 3 minutes left in the race while Bob Varsha was discussing the season's inaugural Ford EcoBoost racing effort, he said they would be working on it hard during the offseason and "word is that Ford will be taking this technology and returning to the 24 Hours of Le Mans."

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Eco boost ford gt?Twin turbo eco boost?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Just an FYI, watching the Petit Le Mans broadcast on two windows right now, and with 3 minutes left in the race while Bob Varsha was discussing the season's inaugural Ford EcoBoost racing effort, he said they would be working on it hard during the offseason and "word is that Ford will be taking this technology and returning to the 24 Hours of Le Mans."

And he said it in an " no if's" "ands" or Buts" firm sort of way.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Eco boost ford gt?Twin turbo eco boost?

Sounding familiar. Remember Fords wild RS200 Group B rally car of the mid 80's: mid engine turbo 4... no Le Mans GT car, but would have made quite a road car.

Attachments

• ford_rs200_27.jpg
    ford_rs200_27.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 324

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
While in Vegas at the rally you can see one of those rs200's at the harrah's car collection at the imperial palace, which is now called quad, or something like that. One was still there back in November. I was there one time a few years ago, and they had 3.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There were a couple of them that used to show up at Cs&C in Irvine a while back. Pretty cool ride, with a surprisingly small engine pumping out BIG horsepower.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
A buddy of mine has one. Imported from Mexico!

Very much fun to drive. "Almost" too many HP's!

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
A buddy of mine has one. Imported from Mexico!

Very much fun to drive. "Almost" too many HP's!
Many though so. The series became coined "the killer B's". Running 400+ HP on logging roads with big trees instead of guard rails.