The Return: A Documentary About The Ford GT's 50th Anniceraary Le Mans Win

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Hey guys, not sure if this appears somewhere else on the forum, but I couldn't find anything so I'm posting.

Anyway, Amazon just released a documentary film about Ford's Le Mans win last year. I was hoping someone captured the entire journey on film, and thankfully they did. Go to Amazon Prime and search for "The Return" and it will pop right up. Just watched it, and it made me sad I'm not there this year (but even more thrilled I was there last year). It's a great one hour and eighteen minutes.

Also, I swear these photos were right-side up when I uploaded them...but I don't think this is a unique issue... :bang

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Rotating a pic now more often than not only changes the metadata rather than actually changing the pixels in the image. Forum software does not honor the metadata.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Metadata aside. That was a fantastic watch. Goosebumps. I knew what happens but still was on edge.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I know, You'd think after being there, in person, when it actually happened I couldn't get emotional just watching a documentary on it.

Wrong.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I just watched this movie. If you're on this Forum (and I'm pretty sure you are) you must see this.

Howard

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I just watched this movie. If you're on this Forum (and I'm pretty sure you are) you must see this.

Howard

Watched it too. So exciting with lots of drama. For those who experienced it live, it must nave been a long 24 hours.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I remember very clearly being increasingly excited as the race wore on...until about the last 30 minutes with the GT in the lead. Then it became almost unbearable. You're wanting them to win and you know it's almost done...but something could still go wrong to take it all away (ask Toyota about this...).

Seeing Raj in the video was classic. He simply refused to relax and be cheerful until the race was over, because he's a realist and knows the cruel b@*tch that is endurance racing.

It was quite a ride

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Enjoyed it last night. Raj sure got a lot of Face Time.

Joe

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Watched this last night. HIGHLY recommended. Its the next best thing to being there. Kudos to Ford for putting it together. Really explains the journey back to Le Mans.

A definite must see.

BTW, dont get confused with the other series on Amazon "Le Mans Racing is everything" which isnt nearly as interesting.

Last edited: