The Original GT Vehicle Dynamics Team

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Last Friday was the last day for Jeff Walsh at Ford Motor Co. Jeff and his wife and two kids are moving back to New Zealand to be closer to their families. Who is Jeff Walsh you ask? Jeff was part of my original core development team on the GT program. He was so important to the success of the program that I refuse to take the Engineering development job on the GT program without Jeff. So we had a little sendoff party at my hangar and was able to get all of the original Vehicle Dynamics team members together for on last photo. From left to right is: Murray White Mutimatic Engineering who was the damper supplier on the GT, Chris White CAE and overall Vehicle Development. Jeff Walsh Ride, Handling and tires, Myself and Jamie Cullen’s Steering and Brakes.

Attachments

• jeff gt.jpg
    jeff gt.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 523
  • jeff taylorcraft.jpg
    jeff taylorcraft.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 517
  • Walsh dev team.jpg
    Walsh dev team.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 603

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh bummer, what a loss for Ford, but also congrats to Jeff! Hope the relocation home brings him great happiness. I wont forget sitting with him you and Jamie at dinner at R1, and the times I have seen him since. That's awesome you were able to get that group together.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
You guys did good work. The smiles 12 years later prove it!

Very Special.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Cool stuff! Good job guys!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Amen !

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
:facepalm:I would not get in a plane with you......You scare me on the ground:driving:

But what a neat photo to add to the GT all-star collection for many generations to come.:thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Gathering Of Great GT Designers. Thanks Mark for shareing with our Forum Group.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The men that "got it done" GT wise. Thank you for such an awesome car. In fact, it's my favorite car!!

Vince H

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
How cool ! Thanks.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Very cool !
Did I mention it was Marks birthday on Sunday?
Yup it was! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BUDDY!!!!!
I am evil according to Mark!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
A job well done men.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
For newbies like myself, really cool to see these original GT team members. Thanks for sharing Mark.

Last edited:

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
OK here are just a few more photo's. color hangar.jpghangar.jpg

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Well tell me about that plane? And that little red cart thing? and what other cool stuff you got in that hangar?

Thanks for sharing!!

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
The red cart is called a Razor and it is what Vehicle Dynamics Engineers do when they have too much time (and beer). Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOaF7esBFY and you will get the picture of what it can do.
My home airport is 1D2 Mettetal and is quite active and open which is a miracle in this TSA era. The red plane is a 1940 Taylorcraft BC65. Rebuilt it years ago and won a bronze Lindy at Oshkosh in 2009. Go to http://eaavintage.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2010-Vol.-38-No.-05-One-Gorgeous-Taylorcraft.pdf and you can read the story. Also get around in a Mooney 201 (need something legal that goes 200 mph). There are 2 Champs, one L5 , a J3 and a bunch of RV either flying or in build. Great place to hang on a summer night.
L5.jpgmooney.jpg