The most expensive new Honda coming soon, makes a Bugatti look cheap!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I saw an ad for the HondaJet on some TV show, probably like a Barrett Jackson or Mecum auction. I can't imagine getting into the business from scratch when the industry is consolidating.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's not a bad looking plane.

I can see FlorIdaho Chris snatching one up.

'Wonder what it's cruising and top speeds are?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
That's not a bad looking plane.

I can see FlorIdaho Chris snatching one up.

'Wonder what it's cruising and top speeds are?

Everyone knows if you bought one it would just be in the hanger and never get off the ground. :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Article says it flies at a maximum cruise speed of 483 miles per hour (777 kph) and has a maximum altitude of 43,000 feet (13,106 metres),

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Article says it flies at a maximum cruise speed of 483 miles per hour (777 kph) and has a maximum altitude of 43,000 feet (13,106 metres),

Ya, I just read the article...'had only watched the vid B4.

It ought to be a heck of a plane.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
777 Kts would be Mach 1.17.

If that thing ever went that fast the wings and engines will be trailing behind it as it goes strait down.

And yes they are sure straying from the core biz model. The Brazilian's are pumping out the best new jets these days.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I was wondering about the range.

http://world.honda.com/HondaJet/Performance/Range/

· Over-the-wing engine mount minimizes the shock wave and achieves lower drag
· Natural-Laminar Flow (NLF) Wing and Nose design helps achieve reduced wing drag

·HondaJet Range

nm km
VFR Range
(Maximum fuel with available payload (644lb)) 1400 nm 2592 km
IFR Range
(Cruise@FL410, Alternate 100nm, 45 minute reserve, 1 Pilot plus 3 Passengers) 1180 nm 2185 km

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
777 kpm, not knots.

Imagine the capital investment to get into the airplane business. You don't just copy somebody else's wing. You have to design that yourself. Wow.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
This has been in development for years. The "go, no go" decision was made a very long time ago. There are substantial differences between this jet and what was currently available, but the market has kept marching on.

Steve

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So are they getting into the business to acquire someone else in a LBO?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
So are they getting into the business to acquire someone else in a LBO?

If you want to do an LBO you wouldn't need to build your own to do so.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I live near Greensboro, NC and see the prototypes flying around.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I've been following the development of this plane for a while. Although I'm not very knowledgeable about aircraft this one looks very interesting.

For those aircraft experts on the Forum; what's the best personal jet, or Very Light Jet, currently on the market and how do you think this Honda product compares? Thanks.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nice plane

Guess I'm just wondering why it is in the "Other Ford Products" section?

:confused

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
I am an avid model airplane nut and pilot. My Dad is an awesome model builder. He built this plane from a 8-1/2 x 11" 3-view. Here I am doing the test flight. The plane is unfinished because we wanted to make sure it would actually fly. Twin turbine powered using jet-A. Plane is fairly heavy at about 50lbs. I kept the speed up on this first landing for safety. We have a few more test flights to do then we will do the finishing work. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKep-kh09c

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Very cool. Must be a rush to fly. About how many hours went into building that?

Chip

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I am an avid model airplane nut and pilot. My Dad is an awesome model builder. He built this plane from a 8-1/2 x 11" 3-view. Here I am doing the test flight. The plane is unfinished because we wanted to make sure it would actually fly. Twin turbine powered using jet-A. Plane is fairly heavy at about 50lbs. I kept the speed up on this first landing for safety. We have a few more test flights to do then we will do the finishing work. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKep-kh09c

That is amazing! How close if the size/weight ratio match the real plane?

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
777 Kts would be Mach 1.17.

If that thing ever went that fast the wings and engines will be trailing behind it as it goes strait down.

And yes they are sure straying from the core biz model. The Brazilian's are pumping out the best new jets these days.

Phenoms? Are you kidding? They are absolute JUNK.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I've been following the development of this plane for a while. Although I'm not very knowledgeable about aircraft this one looks very interesting.

For those aircraft experts on the Forum; what's the best personal jet, or Very Light Jet, currently on the market and how do you think this Honda product compares? Thanks.

Depends on the mission. For my trips, 8-900 nautical miles (Dallas to New Orleans, Dallas to Key West) my Cessna Citation Mustang is wonderful. FL 410 fuel flows less than 75 GPH TOTAL (!) and a really well supported product.

If you need more range, seats, etc, the Citation CJ4+ is the way to go. Support for aircraft is extremely critical. The Honda product is really nice, but overpriced (6 million) to compete with the CJ4 or the Phenom 300, both of which are currently flying. THe Hondajet is a very interesting looking aircraft though and will probably be extremely well supported.