The front plate holder is a bad option

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
I took my car to the track yesterday for a couple of tests(front plate and exhaust)It was very hot outside:104 F.
The engine temp drops from 240 to 220 when I change the position of the front plate.The original plate holder is absolutely not a good option over here.

Attachments

• divers 036.jpg
    divers 036.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 176
  • angie 011.jpg
    angie 011.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 172

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
...and can be not only a heat problem!

I know it is more a AUTOBAHN issue but especially at high speeds, the air pressure on the front plate can rip-off your chin spoiler (if fixed thereon) :eek ! Please note that this is not an assumption!!! So I decided to keep my front view clean :wink

In case the police will stop and start to blame you, explain the problem and let them take a picture of the car for their kids - at least it worked out for me last week, when they pulled me out from the highway (only smiling and no fine!) :thumbsup
Desi

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
keep us posted

Thanks for your reply to my "new gt purchase story"! Keep us in the states posted on you top MPH on the Autobahn. I gingerly rolled my car up to 150 on Sunday without ever exceeding 4000 rpm's. The car was very stable and seemingly begging to go faster. It will when I get some more time on the motor. :thumbsup