California
The unveiling of N999

Reactions: Johntpr

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A few more details in this Car & Driver article.

This is a nice touch. "The GT LM has a badge on the dashboard made from the ground-down engine crankshaft of a 2016 Ford GT Le Mans race car."

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I find it very annoying, the permanent release of "Special Series", extremely expensive, when the differences don't really cost much, and do not improve the car.

This is not "automotive creation", but only gadget and business.
The legend of the Ford GT, has nothing to gain.

Moreover, with the increase in production, and all these Special Series, Ford mechanically devalues the "normal" cars bought at the beginning, and which no one will want, on the secondary market.

Anyone who knows me knows that my purchase of a Ford GT was by no means a speculation, but when you sign a check of this size, you are careful to be a little rational and not throw the money away through the windows, regardless of the pleasure provided by the purchased car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Francis - on a positive note, in my opinion, because the cars were essentially no different mechanically, the best value cars were the earlier cars. As it is, a 2022 GTLM will be a hair under $800k USD while a 2018 might have been close to $500k. I don't think the long term market value of a 2018 or a 2022 will be very different, but there's a gigantic difference in the price paid originally. I've seen 2018 cars that were $455k MSRP and I've seen 2022's that were $850k+. I'd be happier having paid the former!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yeah, they all seem to be worth $900K+ so every one of em is "in the money" ... I wouldn't complain about any single one of em!

Reactions: MarkH

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
Those 3d printed titanium parts look awesome and incredibly special though. They are quite expensive to make.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The best way for most to show that it's not for bottom line financial gain is just to simply enjoy, drive, and share it with the enthusiast and automotive community and beyond. Wasn't that the whole spirit of the allocation? That the owners would use and share these special cars.

I think it's a positive thing that time and effort toward design is still being introduced at various stages of the production, and even at this late stage. Innovate or die.

As a counterpoint, likewise another positive that major mechanical, physical, and structural changes were, as far as I know, not required.

The last thing that most of us would likely desire, is a car that is completely different in final production than the initial design of the earlier years.

So, new options keep it relevant in the car world both internally and externally. Options and choices are good, and help renew interest.

Production of these LM editions is quite limited so the impact on the whole group shouldn't be much.

I'm only a touch jealous of the historical crankshaft magical dust. I think anyone who has owned, does own, or will own a Ford GT, is most fortunate indeed. The fine details shouldn't be of undue concern.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
.....I'm only a touch jealous of the historical crankshaft magical dust. I think anyone who has owned, does own, or will own a Ford GT, is most fortunate indeed. The fine details shouldn't be of undue concern....
That 'badge' is one really cool attribute that I wish were offered to other GT owners. Any other 'spare' GT crankshafts out there?? :cool:

That said, I love my 2018 Heritage, the livery reminiscent of the '67 #1 car, and of course it carries the fuselage of the 2016 race winning GT. A pretty nice combination IMO.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
The LM Series are gonna be beautiful!!
Look forward to seeing them roll out!!