The Ford GT... Is Coming Back!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Andy, I have the in-car video of Mark setting the Nardo 211.89 mph benchmark. From start up, pulling out onto the track and accelerating/holding Vmax until fuel exhaustion (which he did) was 5 min 10 sec. So assuming a full load of 17.5 gallons on board that equates to a 3.4 gal/min burn rate. Mark did state on the video the fuel gauge still indicated full when the engine stopped due to fuel exhaustion. This is actually a pretty darn good fuel burn rate for our engine. I would have expected a slightly higher fuel burn rate at about 5.5 gal/min based on “rule of thumb” fuel consumption estimates based on horsepower.

Let's hear from Mr. Fubar and what his delivery estimates are....

It's OK to be wrong. I owe you a drink!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Is that some kind of robot arm with a mustache as your avatar?

:wink

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I had no idea what it was ~ I thought it was a lego block thing. :biggrin A FCA guy told me whatever it was, it was going to be expensive, but if it didn't work out, I could spin it off later and sell it for big $$. A GM guy told me that whatever it was, cost was not a concern and I would make it up in volume.

Also heard that Ford will be giving away milk chocolate versions of this item at the NAIAS black tie. Future collectible?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good work Bill, as always your facts are very detailed. I have that video too (didn't dig it out, used my memory,... not very accurate). And here is a useless fact, I was the 1st outside of Ford to see it. That was on his lap top, on top of a trash can at rally one, outside the opening cocktail party. He was nice enough to jump my car, as I had left it on "accessory" after winching it into the trailer....

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Andy, I have the in-car video of Mark setting the Nardo 211.89 mph benchmark. From start up, pulling out onto the track and accelerating/holding Vmax until fuel exhaustion (which he did) was 5 min 10 sec. So assuming a full load of 17.5 gallons on board that equates to a 3.4 gal/min burn rate. Mark did state on the video the fuel gauge still indicated full when the engine stopped due to fuel exhaustion. This is actually a pretty darn good fuel burn rate for our engine. I would have expected a slightly higher fuel burn rate at about 5.5 gal/min based on “rule of thumb” fuel consumption estimates based on horsepower.

Bill is that video proprietary or something that can be shared? I would be very interested in seeing it.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Bill is that video proprietary or something that can be shared? I would be very interested in seeing it.
. I too would be quite interested.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Cobrar I love your avatar. I hope theirs a flat plane in the new GT!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
They could debut a clean sheet FR Product
( A Hybrid EcoBoost Flatplane V8 should be good for 800-900hp. ) which depending on the response may later be homologated for GT Series racing.

Last edited:

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
What are the specifics on the change in regulations (2007) that made production of the 2005/06 GT no longer possible ?
I heard headlight height, front bumper height, etc... Any truth to that ? I see Lambos, Ferraris, etc. the same height.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
.............deleted.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Unbelted occupant. Relates to unbelted occupant breaking neck on forward edge of headliner. Absolute height doesn't matter.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

Rex, I certainly ment no disrespect to your thoughts on fuel consumption. I VERY much appreciate the technical content you share with us on the Forum! And we can trade drinks at the next get together!:thumbsup

Also heard that Ford will be giving away milk chocolate versions of this item at the NAIAS black tie. Future collectible?

I would love to have a few of these chocolate versions if you go! Sounds like a very clever promotion.

Gary and 33Bravo I am not sure of availability. I will check and see. As Andy points out he saw the same video at R1 and I think I saw it at R2. Always interesting stuff on the inside challenges the engineers had bringing our car to market. One of the perks we owners have by actually getting to meet and talk to the FGT Team members who worked on developing our cars at DBK’s rally’s.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Just go on YouTube and type in Ford GT Target 200 Nardo. Enjoy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Just go on YouTube and type in Ford GT Target 200 Nardo. Enjoy.

I typed it but I don't see Mark's run.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/24457-Historic-Ford-GT-Videos

Target 200 vid is in there too, but that doesn't have the full unedited vMax footage.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/24457-Historic-Ford-GT-Videos

Target 200 vid is in there too, but that doesn't have the full unedited vMax footage.

Thanks Dave I missed it the first time

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Dave. Gary and 33Bravo the Vmax video Dave posted certainly has a lot more background information on the actual run(s). I just have the raw video which has marginal interest to most.

And I agree with Rocketman, gee Mark and Dennis do look young! Our ownership community is exceedingly lucky to have their active participation (along with Rich as well) in our Forum group. The backchannel stories these individuals have as well as many of the FGT Program guest speakers we have heard at the various rallys are very interesting!