Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Reactions: Roadtrip and GTinTN

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
That was an interesting statistic, in 1980, 35% of automobiles sold had manual transmissions and now only 1%!
A friend of mine recently bought an inexpensive VW with a stick just to teach is grandsons how to drive a manual transmission.
Looking ahead, the coming generation will be amazed that we drove a car at all, given the expectation of autonomous driving vehicles!

Reactions: Roadtrip

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
A manual transmission is an anti-theft device protecting our cars from the Millennial generation

Reactions: Iconic GT

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
My 21 year old daughter drives a MT Kia Soul. Started discussing buying a new car for when my 15 year old turns 16, and the only requirements are under $20k and a MT......she is on board with that after many rides in the FGT and Diablo.

Reactions: Roadtrip

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
duplicate

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I understand it's progress, but I still think it's kinda sad. End of an era .. winding down.

It feels like the same trend music has followed, going from sounding excellent, and human (imperfect), in the 70s and 80s, to now so perfect it's not interesting or memorable. Seems like all modern pop music is disposable, whereas I still like 80s music 35 years later. They don't make music like that anymore, and they're never going to. Of course I'm never going to be 18 again either. I'm probably just an out-of-touch dinosaur who needs to realize his opinion doesn't matter very much.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I understand it's progress, but I still think it's kinda sad. End of an era .. winding down.

It feels like the same trend music has followed, going from sounding excellent, and human (imperfect), in the 70s and 80s, to now so perfect it's not interesting or memorable. Seems like all modern pop music is disposable, whereas I still like 80s music 35 years later. They don't make music like that anymore, and they're never going to. Of course I'm never going to be 18 again either. I'm probably just an out-of-touch dinosaur who needs to realize his opinion doesn't matter very much.

Where are you finding the new perfect music?

I am finding it harder and harder to find music that has not been computerized to death. Give me melody please.