Thanks Doctor V8

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Thanks to the good doctor for putting together a great meet yesterday. Although new to the scene, I suspect that was the most GT's ever gathered in Houston, I'm thinking there were 14+ with the few that rotated in through the day.

Also, please pass on the thanks to your brother for all of his help in making things go smooth.

IMG_1277.jpgIMG_1266.jpgIMG_1269.jpgIMG_1278.jpg

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I suspect that was the most GT's ever gathered in Houston (and quite possibly ever outside of a Rally, the factory, or a Barn event), I'm thinking there were 14+ with the few that rotated in through the day....

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?20387-It-s-About-Time-For-A-SoCal-Run!/page2

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?20387-It-s-About-Time-For-A-SoCal-Run!/page3

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX

I stand corrected, although you guys in Cali should have a handicap with the weather you get to enjoy:biggrin

100 degrees and high humidity... how can you have such high humidity and no rain for 147 days??

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great event yesterday DrV8 (SanJay). Very organized and first class. At one time I counted 16 GT's and a chance to meet top brass of Auto Group One who is purchasing Ford Dealerships all over as we speek. CEO is a GT Owner and a great guy. Fun for all was had and I didn't have to park next to a silver GT Ha. Ha. They even had a covered area for our GT's. Tomy

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
And I had the only Blue car out of all 16!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I had no idea that tungstons were so rare. Thanks for a great time. I'll setup something in Central TX when and if it cools off.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sanjay,
Sorry I missed it. I got a phone call from Horseless Carriage Transporters saying they were delivering a new toy Saturday. He showed up around 2 so I might have been able to swing by, but you never know with those guys. Looks like it was a huge success.

John

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
As my other reply to "the Houston gathering" mentions......thanks to Sanjay and Sterling McCall for such a great event. Also want to thank all the owners for getting out on what was a scorching day of heat and everyone involved.

Pic of a new owner "Speed & Sport" in his shiny black GT with way cool polished rims. If you want something PROFESSIONALLY chromed, he's your man. I really enjoyed visiting with him.

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'd get in too much trouble with the KECH ME plate. lol

Good get together and thanks Doc!

H

HHGT

Boy that Red stands out amongst the other dull colors:lol

Nice Showing:thumbsup

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Had fun. We should do it again once the weather cools down.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
And I had the only Blue car out of all 16!

thats because mine was in the garage :)

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
thats because mine was in the garage :)

Yes, but you brought the right one.....the really, really loud one!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Thanks everyone....YOU GUYS made it a success....and the CEO of Group 1 (who has the LFA and Red GT at the end of the row) was super impressed with the quality and quantity of GT's and their awesome owners.

They are training a senior tech as we speak to be their GT guy, and I have encouraged them to join here as a supporting vendor when that happens.....

Let's do it again soon!

Sanjay

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Yes, but you brought the right one.....the really, really loud one!

LOL Nardo, too bad we didnt get to talk much, but gaby and I had to leave:)

it was good seeing everyone, but next time please better weather! or do it at night!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Also, if anyone didn't get a FGT baseball cap.....email me....I have a few extras....

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Also, if anyone didn't get a FGT baseball cap.....email me....I have a few extras....

love the hat....wearing it now.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Also, if anyone didn't get the freebie that I handed out, pm me and I can do something about it

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Thanks Mongrel & Sanjay!!!!!:thumbsup

Mar 15, 2006
Wow, what a great event. Sorry I missed but I am in England getting ready to run a car at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next week. Looking forward to the next FGT forum event in Houston. Thank you DoctorV8, Group 1 and Mr. Hesterberg!