Test Drive as part of program

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Will those selected be given the opportunity for 2 test drives - one on the street, another on the track - before signing over $400K+?

I've been looking at the interior and thinking that some, after "trying" on the car, and driving it in real life conditions, may find that the car "doesn't fit" [comfort wise] or is otherwise impractical for them.

Maybe the opportunity is given as a final round before the final selection so that they know the real 250 names have money behind the spot on line. Or maybe as those who get close as they bubble to the top to match production, they get a chance to try out the car and if getting that far choose not then the next person in line gets a shot.

Either that or we will all go over to Dave's house and drive his.

Just curious.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm not sure why everyone is so worried. My weight varies between 165-170lbs. I'll fit just fine but a sincere thanks for the concern. Hahaha!

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Will those selected be given the opportunity for 2 test drives - one on the street, another on the track - before signing over $400K+?

I've been looking at the interior and thinking that some, after "trying" on the car, and driving it in real life conditions, may find that the car "doesn't fit" [comfort wise] or is otherwise impractical for them.

Maybe the opportunity is given as a final round before the final selection so that they know the real 250 names have money behind the spot on line. Or maybe as those who get close as they bubble to the top to match production, they get a chance to try out the car and if getting that far choose not then the next person in line gets a shot.

Either that or we will all go over to Dave's house and drive his.

Just curious.

Good incentive to lose some weight...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Actually, individual dimensions aren't the things I was thinking of (but I don't think there is even an option for a Gurney bubble the way the car is built). I believe that some people will find that the fixed seats are not too comfortable. Or that the size of the passenger compartment is confining. Those were common observations on the original GT40s.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Or that the size of the passenger compartment is confining....

I don't think this will be an issue for anyone - :biggrin:frown:wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I think people will adapt to whatever it is... :thumbsup

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007

+1

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California

Winner, winner, chicken breast dinner.

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Winner, winner, chicken breast dinner.

Vince H

I'm more of a Leg and Thigh man... :biggrin

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I agree.. I think many of the potential buyers will not fit the car ..and remember the seats are not adjustable and very close together.

So, I would recommend that any of you larger than.... lets say '6ft 1 inch' tall and a bit wide at the berm and shoulders, save your time , effort and all the required paperwork and not fill out an application for a vehicle. Once I get mine, you can come and sit in it for confirmation. :):)

andy (ajb)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
curious... do Lambo, Ferrari and the other exotic car companies allow a test drive on the road or track before purchase?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I'm not sure why everyone is so worried. My weight varies between 165-170lbs. I'll fit just fine but a sincere thanks for the concern. Hahaha!

Vince H

My breakfast typically weighs in at 170 lbs..........

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
curious... do Lambo, Ferrari and the other exotic car companies allow a test drive on the road or track before purchase?

Lamborghini recently had a track day at PBIR in S. FL so guys could drive the New Huracan on the track.. I found out about it after the fact, would have liked to try it out.. . I met someone who went and was impressed with the car,, so the answer is yes.. Maybe Ford will have a road car at our next rally so who knows maybe we car drive it or go for a ride ??

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There's also a place in Vegas that rents exotics for a sort track experience (nothing like a real track) up by LVMS. But at least you get to drive it at more than 25 in a residential area.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Well, I for one don't feel the need to do so if I am selected... but It would be a huge bonus if it were offered.......... If I don't fit I will drive with the door open.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think you have too much time on your hands and think too much about it !
I didn't get to test drive my GT and everything worked out just fine
Even if I have to stuff a pillow behind my back to drive it that will be just fine too!
Why don't you send Raj a note telling them you want to test drive before you buy it! I'm sure he'll accommodate you and laugh!

Last edited:

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
When I bought my 2006 there was no test drive. You pretty much knew what you were getting, then it exceeded all your expectations. I would expect the new GT to be no different. And I really, really, really hope it makes it to the Calgary International Show next week!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Good incentive to lose some weight...

I'm more worried that I'll have to lose some height....

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm more worried that I'll have to lose some height....

I can do a twofer amputation below the knees if that'll help.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I imagine this thread is eliciting chuckles.